Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to leave skis at Geneva Airport 7 Days

Poster: A snowHead
Due to a change of plan I have to be in Spain straight after our holiday. I have managed to get my return flight changed for a not too Eye watering price, and have booked a return GVA to BCN. Is there a left luggage office or a ski rental place near the airport at Geneva that will store a pair of skis for 7 days at a reasonable cost?

I was even thinking about dropping them off for a service and saying I would pick them up a week later if there is a ski shop near the airport, probably much the same cost.

Any ideas folks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
newbie45, There is a left luggage office at the train station below the airport. It's 10ChFr a day. I cant confirm whether they will keep them that long though.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
According to this page, it's maximum of one month.

http://www.gva.ch/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-158/710_read-652/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
newbie45, where is your ski holiday?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic wrote:
What's that got to do with anything? The OP has asked for information about leaving his skis at the airport from which he has booked to depart.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
newbie45, fed ex your skis home from resort, saving on storage / return flight fees ???
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, Because if it was in France I know a company that will pick them up, service them and deliver back to his door at home!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cynic, exactly Cool Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fair enough.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers Folks
Holiday is in Leukerbad in Swiss
I already have the return baggage paid for the skis least I hope I have it should have been transfered with the booking, I will ring Flybe to make sure.

The skis are pretty old atiomics I bought s/h for £30 4 years ago a bargin at the time but are they worth 60-70CHF to store? I dont know.
Fedex could be an idea
How good is the swiss post office will they take a 1.7m parcel?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pedantica wrote:
Cynic wrote:
What's that got to do with anything? The OP has asked for information about leaving his skis at the airport from which he has booked to depart.

Laughing bit harsh
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, harsh? Hardly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Must just be my sensitive nature than
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
If the fed-ex them to to your next hotel idea doesn't work out.........

Try this one - not too far from airport and seems to do ski service - i like your idea of leaving and collecting in a week! - you'll prob need a cab ride to get there tho
http://www.sportxx.ch/g3.cms/s_page/708750/s_level/820000

Or this one - big ski shop, just not clear whether they do servicing - closer to the airport though
http://www.technosurf.ch/qui-sommes-nous

Alternatively, seems like as good an excuse as any to visit the sales for some new planks snowHead
snow report
newbie45, Unless you know Geneva well it could become stressful if you're pushed for time and even a short, and I mean a very short cab ride will be>35Chf (each way or so) and many of the cabs won't even do the short journey's as it beneath them! - The over-size desk (I think it's desk 81 on departures has a "holding" facility, which was 10chf 2-3 years ago, so no reason to change and they maybe able to take your skis.

Alternatively, I'd strongly suggest you wrap your ski's in a ski bag, padlock etc and send to your next hotel from the Le Poste on the ground floor arrivals on the western corner airport - on the RHS after the baggage hall. Swissspot are of course very efficient -just make sure you advise the next hotel to expect them. That IMVHO is the best and also the cheapest option and it will save you the bother of carrying them. Shocked Shocked
snow report
Quote:

How good is the swiss post office will they take a 1.7m parcel?

we regularly post skis within Switzerland, so domestically 2m is no problem, i can't be sure this extends to an international service.
snow conditions
midgetbiker, He = newbie45, has already confirmed it's domestic rolling eyes
ski holidays
Thanks Folks
I rang flybe to confirm that my booking for the skis had been transfered when I changed the flight on line and it had not so beware to anyone who does the same. They have now booked it on the return from GVA to UK it was no charge to change this componant of the flight so I may as well have that option.

I will start a new thread asking about the costs to post them back to UK from Leukerbad as its off topic to this one

Cheers N
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy