Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting in the Uk...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
TommyDazzler, a few hours on the motorway is nought compared to the hours spent in ski boots.

or try rivington alpine if you cant get down south
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TommyDazzler, of all the footbeds I've had made in the past using the most common shop method, I was always left thinking "well these things still don't feel right" (referring to my boot set up) and because the problem was the same with every pair I had made from various "shops" I started "stupidly" messing about with the cuffs which appeared to help but as it turned out wasn't the answer, only after my visit to CEM did I finally have a pair of footbeds made that sorted the problem, my cuffs were also put back to the original settings and my alignment now feels superb!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gatecrasher, the problem is not the method of making them (well it sort of is) but how the foot is positioned when they are made and then what you do with the product when it is made
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CEM, Yep I understand what you say I think, they can be made well using this method given the skill of the fitter!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would just like to say a big thank you to Snowheads for all your advice on boot fitting.

I rather hastily purchased my first pair of boots after getting a little over excited. I knew nothing about how a ski boot should fit so just had the ones I was given to try and felt comfortable. I used my boots here on dry slopes and MK with no problems. However, on my first skiing trip they seemed to get bigger with each day. Until with two days to go I couldn't cope any longer and hired boots to see me through.

So after reading all the comments on here I went to Graham at Rivington Alpine. My original boots are a 25.5 and my new ones are a 23.0, so just a little smaller!!! Graham was fantastic and I can't recommend him highly enough.

The moral of the story is don't waste your money on buying boots that you think fit, go to someone who KNOWS they fit.

Thanks again Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
winnie01, welcome to snowHeads
A very valid point about the amount you can learn by reading forum threads.
I went to CEM in December after reading a thread called something like "What is the most important investment that you have made in your ski gear" and about 50% were replying something along the lines of "Getting my alignment, canting and footbeds sorted out".
Well, my 27th week of skiing was significantly better than my 26th (after I had got over a half day of foot agony) with much greater control over my skis and therefore turns.

snowHead s rocks Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dot. wrote:
spud, Also some good boot fitters in the shops you mention. I would not hesitate sending anyone to Julian at EB.

Is Julian still at EB in Castleford?

I'm looking into getting boots in the next few weeks and have heard (read) a lot of good things about this guy Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Think this is worth a "pimp" in this thread - this guys stuff is really useful for DIY boot fitting and the like - I've always found adding and additional liner can make quite a difference and this guy is just taking that concept one stage further - he used to be a top Snow & Rock fitter http://www.stopheellift.com/products.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy