Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow and Rock end of season sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saw 50% off S7s yesterday - either S+R or Rossi UK are hurting. Mind you next to them was 60% off Solly Sentinals but to my mind that's a "nothing"ski - I guess possibly an allrounder to someone who doesn't have a quiver?.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Dad is on the Sentinals and loves them as a one for all ski?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anyone noticed that they have put some of the skis back up in price, K2 Superfree now £332.50 up from £285 on Sunday, so a 30% reduction from 40% Might bite me in the ass as I went to the Bristol store on Sunday, they didn't have the 160 I wanted at Bristol but sourced them from another store for collection this week, pay now I say, no they say, pay when you collect.......................................which is now£47.50 more................................ Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowbum1971, Yep, was looking at some zenith z76 in 170 for a mate, then it went out of stock, now it is back...at over £100 more....weird sale! Did they missprice some things?....as some skis on the website they had got the prices the wrong way around!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbum1971, point the mistake out to them, they have a price promise on their website...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
All the items with the odd / revised prices have vanished again!! Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
very naughty of them Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil But now i see edge and wax have some fantastic prices on their skis
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Indeed, just pointed a friend at edge and wax, they gave him some good advice over the phone so hopefully he will buy from them!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, we do have some amazing prices right now, but certainly not by choice! The 'larger' retailers have really dropped their pricing sometimes to below cost, which is a sign of being squeezed or inventory being fat. It means the small independents like us have little choice but to follow or face stalling. I hope we will still be here next year, but although everyone is after a bargain, it would be a shame if the actions of larger retailers ultimately hurt the independent ski sellers who take the time to test and carefully select equipment and try and offer a personal service, as next season I fear there will be much less choice for customers, never a good thing for anyone, more so genuine enthusiasts Sad

So all I can say is please support your local independent ski & board shop - Especially ones who support Snowheads wink , I like selling ski equipment and talking to skiers and sharing experiences,as do all my team, and it would be a shame for the knowledge independent ski and board shops - Not just us - accrue to be lost too!

ScottyDog
Edge & Wax - A little independent shop in a small village in Sussex (Other independent ski and snowboard shops are available - let's keep it that way!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
Indeed, just pointed a friend at edge and wax, they gave him some good advice over the phone so hopefully he will buy from them!

Thank you for doing that, appreciated Little Angel
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbum1971, I noticed that too, the K2 Superburnin also went back up in price from £297 to £347. I've seen S&R do this kind of thing quite often, sometimes a weekend promotion only. It's a bit like looking a flight prices! Also noticed Edge & Wax have some great prices at the moment too and would buy from them in preference.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
scottydog wrote:
Hi, we do have some amazing prices right now, but certainly not by choice! The 'larger' retailers have really dropped their pricing sometimes to below cost, which is a sign of being squeezed or inventory being fat.

I guess you retailers have to make enough margin on your early season 'full price' sales to cover the later sell off of old stock at close to or below cost. With graphics at the very least changing on an annual basis it must be similar to the fashion industry in this respect.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:
kitenski, First day of the sale is usually quite hectic, but it was really quiet. Bad year for the ski industry in this country?

Yes, it has been a bad year for the ski industry in the Uk and in Europe. Numbers are down in all European resorts that I am aware of and that is despite really great conditions compared to last year. For instance we were in Verbier at the start of February and out 3star chalet which we were being offered for £350 for the week was further reduced to £250!! Bearing in mind that's with a dedicated chef, etc - there is no way they could be making money on that. People in the trade around Verbier(where they are also combating the effects of the high swiss franc) were reporting business down between 15-20%!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy