Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need New Toe Pieces for Salomon SX92E Ski Boots - Any Ideas?

Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Salomon SX92E – size 325 – but the toe pieces have worn down to almost the end of their useful lives. Would anyone know where I may be able to locate new toe pieces that would fit? The size of the toe pieces are:

Width - 680mm
Length - 117mm (longest point)
Thickness – 9mm (plate end)

Screw hole distances apart:

2 lower screws - 46mm (to centre of screw holes)
Diagonal to top screw – 79mm (to centre of screw holes)

The toe pieces I have are 1 degree / 4 degree cants but this is not critical.[/img]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sandgrounder, see here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79520 CEM can get them
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I just posted in your other thread about it!

We will need pics for sure.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
holidayloverxx wrote:
sandgrounder, see here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=79520 CEM can get them

we can get "modern" spares, generally up to 7 years past production. the parts for the SX series have not been available for years, the only place you may find some is in the back corner of a ski shop who has been in business since the 80's not saying it is impossible but i would prepare yourself fro needing to buy a new boot
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sandgrounder, I think new boots would be a revelation to you compared to SX92s!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info - CEM don't have any but Anthing Technical are looking. Would post photos but not sure how to.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sandgrounder, seriously, get some new boots, will improve your skiing massively vs skiing in wellies Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sandgrounder, Try Profeet Fulham Road if in London for your new boots.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have never found a 4 clip boot to work - shape of my ankle bones and low bulky calf muscles (football) - all a traditional clip boot does is clamp my calves and cuts off the blood supply. Was in agony until I bought my first pair of rear entry boots - Hanson Avanti's followed by Salomon SX90E (like concrete boots), SX91E which were better and then in 1990, SX92E which have been fine ever since. Raced the Inferno in them a few weeks ago. I do go into ski shops every year and ask them to sell me a new pair of boots but after 15 minutes, my feet are numb and that is still in the shop. Thanks for your comments though.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sandgrounder, where do you live? There are some very good bootfitters around!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
London
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
sandgrounder, Profeet then ask for Hamish
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sandgrounder, Profeet then ask for Hamish
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sandgrounder, try either of these who are frequently recommended on here, I'd be surprised if they can't find you a setup that works for you.

Colin in Bicester - http://www.solutions4feet.com/

Profeet in London - http://www.profeet.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Go to Colin, no cowdoo approach and won't sell you a boot unless he's 100% that its the right one for you!
ski holidays
Hang onto them, they will come back into fashion ................. wink

http://www.epicski.com/t/89798/ski-boots-coming-full-circle
ski holidays
sandgrounder, Sooooo, basically you've been skiing in poorly fitting boots for 23 years?

Get thee to someone who knows what they're doing. I do not know CEM but can recommend SOLE in Chamonix, and whoever needed an excuse to get to Cham?

Where did you finish in the Inferno? I saw no SX92s...
ski holidays
Still waiting for pics.

sandgrounder, I got your PM, I don't really want to see pics of a pair of SX92s, I just think this thread has an opportunity to make snowheads gold and it should show pictures.

I actually have a pair in my parents loft but they are in A1 condition and will one day be turned in to some flower pots, no you can't have the soles. Get some new boots. Try a three piece if you suffer in 4 buckle 2 piece shells, there are some awesome options for even the ugliest of feet.
ski holidays
I'd recommend you stick them in a skip or perhaps burn them.
snow conditions
You see I have had 2 customers come in recently with the old Scott boots..... i offered to buy a pair of them off a customer but they were having none of it Sad
ski holidays
There are currently 3 pairs of Salomon SX92 boots for sale on Fleabay starting at 99p. If you really want to keep using yours, you could buy one for spares..... Cool
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy