Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mirrored goggles advice needed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Getting set to go to Flaine (for the firsat time) and am treating myself to some new goggles. I think my favourite make would be Oakley so have been looking at them.

You can get lost in all the different technologies and part of me thinks its there to confuse - all I know is that I want the lenses to be mirrored or at least to not be able to see my eyes and with some type of reflection. I have tried some goggles on and have come to the conclusion that I have a small face as most of them are huge so I suppose the only other request would be a small frame size.

Can anyone recommend any goggles (even if they arent Oakley) as I say its the mirror part of it that I like!!

Cheers

Razz Razz rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dragon, Electric, Oakley, Smith, Scott.
Ideally look for vented and/or double lens to prevent fogging. Also look for interchangable lenses - Mirroring may give you that 'Ponch from CHiPs' look'n'feel, but you'll be aching for a plain yellow/orange lens in flat light...

Have a look on www.absolute-snow.co.uk for a good range of discounted goggs.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Anon is also a decent brand.

Mirror lenses tend to be for sunny days and won't give you the best visibility in poor/flat light condition.

It's worth having goggles that let you change lenses..
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
when do you go, i have some brand new oakley goggles specifically for smaller faces. I bought them off a kgb deals thing and they came after i got back from my ski trip!!!

Brand new, in box, mirrored lense, i paid £39 for them and can send you some photos tonight if you are interested. Looking to cover my costs.

cheers
Mr Ted
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holyjasper, i can highly recommend the smith optics I/O s series , standard lens is an ignitor mirror at 35% VLT , and they do other lens for every condition , and are the easiest to change by far, check out ebay for a bargin wink or there are some on offer here in the http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=86644
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

and are the easiest to change by far

Nah, Oakley Airbrakes are the easiest to change! Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Uvex
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holyjasper, We acquired Smith IO which are a doddle to switch, and both the standard supplied lenses work very well. I am quite fussy about lenses, so it takes a lot to impress.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anon helix, normally come with mirror & spare orange lens, fairly cheap too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy