Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Please help a newbie choose a resort...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to go skiing next year with my mother 65 and my youngest son 14, who wants to snowboard.
My mum has been about 8 times before and I, only 3 but the last time was 20 years ago
Shocked
I'm a bit nervous about choosing where to go and basically terrified about getting back on skis (my bones aren't what they once were)
Son will need some lessons and I may go for some too..
We are not worried about nightlife, don't mind self catering but would like some nice local restaurants...
Obviously our main pistes would ideally be green and red.
We've been to La Thuille, Mayhoffen and Andorra before...so open to ideas.
Want to keep the budget at the lower/mid end as hubby would love to come but has to stay behind Madeye-Smiley
Any help would be very appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot to add...a resort with some nice shops and a few things to do would be nice.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a look at St. Gervais Les Bains...

Beautiful spa town with lots of shops and restaurants and only an hour from Geneva. There's a big ski area linked with Megeve with amazing views up Mont Blanc and next year they plan to link with Les Contamines too. There's plenty of green and blue runs and the skiiings lovely and cruisey through the trees. Not many of the Tour Operators will have packages but there must be loads of self-catering options.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rachiem wrote:
Obviously our main pistes would ideally be green and red.

Nothing inbetween? wink

When were you thinking of going? That will have biggest effect on your budget. Do you have a preference for country? Going for some lessons before in a UK snowdome would be great to build your confidence up and make the most of your time on holiday. Once you have a couple of resorts in mind then people here can recommend good quality instruction for you and your son. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh and welcome to snowHeads!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thank you...looking toward the end of February...
Andora looked nice but don't fancy the airport transfer.
Was looking at Bulgaria or Austria...budget about £500 to £700 excluding extras
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rachiem, per person?

You could try changing your title to mention Austria/Bulgaria - edit your first post and you can change title from there. Then you will attract attention of specific experts Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rachiem, try La Tania in the Courchevel area of the 3 Vallees, great wide open slopes.

This company now appear to own/run the budget hotel in the village

http://www.familyfriendlyskiing.com/ch_telemark.html
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for your help....after seeing another post...I really fancy Niederau, so may start a new thread...to get some opinions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy