Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

late ski trip mid march help/advice+ company if available!!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm trying to organize a solo trip for myself for either the 10th or 17th. can anybody recommend any resorts/locations, trying to keep the cost down £350 tops (excluding rental and passes!) or if anyone would like to join- the more the merrier! or if anyone has any spare spaces in a group?

Any tips would be great!

Thanks, Danny x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Danny,

We have a single room available from 18th - 25th March with no supplement if that is any use?

It is £404 per person for the week not inc flights and transfers so a bit more than you were planning but the chalet is fully catered with complimentary bar etc etc.

Full details are available via the tag line below . . .

Best wishes,
Heather
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Heather,

Thanks for the offer. It is a bit out of my price range unfortunatly- maybe next time!

Danny x
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

No worries - I hope that you find something that suits.

Happy planning!
Heather
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Danny, I will be in Chamonix around that time if ur interested, was there last month for 2 weeks and found great cheap accomodation, 16 euros per night but lovely hostel. im travelling solo, boarding, female 32! oh and love my nights out!!! Razz
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Michelle, that sounds like a good deal! have you got any details/website?

ta x
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Danny, the website is www.chamonix-alpenrose.com/, really lovely hostel. 15 mins walk from town centre, 16 euros per night for a 4, 5 or 6 bed dorm. But its lovely and quiet and spacious, not like the other hostels in cham! was in the chamoniard volant for a nosey and t was a hovel in comparison!!! good hot showers too. there is a bus stop on the door step. fly direct to geneva and the best transfer is with chamexpress, 28 euros return to the door of your hostel. its about a 1hr 15 mins transfer. im flying from belfast on the 9th march for about 90pounds return. best deal for board hire is with proski in chamonix, about 70 euros for a week. there is a supermarket too just beside the hostel and a good kitchen so its real easy to eat in...and save ur money for apres ski drinking instead! the nightlife is amazing, lots of brill spots that play live music and then plenty of nightclub action for after. hope that helps! m Razz
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sounds and looks good! how far would you say it is to the runs? and do you get your pass, hire and transferes when your out there? not done a trip on my own before, hense the mountain of qestions!! haha thanks.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
3 solo travelers off to Soll (SkiWelt area) in Austria from 17th March. 2 have paired up to share a room and I've booked a single room in resort at different hotel. Still inviting others to join us. I just quickly checked CrystalSki website for you and with halfboard sharing with another solo traveler you can get a decent place for £375. We're joining up for the Apres-Ski mainly and maybe some skiing/boarding together. Should be good!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
so many options!! that also sounds very tempting have you got a link? it might be the wrong week though, i'll still have a look...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
its about 10 mins on the bus to the runs from anywhere in chamonix. they're very efficient tho so no worries. transfers you get online at www.chamexpress.com/ and hire athttp://www.best-price-ski-rental.com/snow-rental/ski-shop/france/haute-savoie/chamonix-mont-blanc/pro-ski-178.html. ski pass easier just to get out there once youve seen where the best snow is
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just search CrystalSki website for soll, austria 17 march. I ain't selling anything just trying to help ha ha ha
our thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=85549
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thats great thanks for all your help michelle, i'll let you know my plans! x
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no worries at all, my email is michelleslord@hotmail.com, hope u choose chamonix!!!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
2 of us thinking of heading to Cham that week too! provided we dont see a last minute powder alternative on the cheap, although my mates going to the Boxing Sat night so need to be Sun flights, was thinking of that hostel also, is that inc brekkie? would be good hook up with you guys too, 2 crazy 30 something boarders flying out Glasgow who probably think they are alot better than they really are Laughing
snow conditions
Sounds brill, DEFO COME TO CHAM!!! that price doesnt include breakfast but there is a supermarket 2 mins away from the hostel that has tonnes of stuff for good prices so you certainly wont starve! its a crackin wee spot, you'll love it and the nightlife is awesome!!!! Laughing michelle
snow report
p.s. glasgow guys I'm going w/c 10th march Razz
snow conditions
Hmmm, I'll throw this in the mix to make things more interesting...! Twisted Evil

We're booked in for 17th March to Val Thorens if that's any use to you? Cracking deal - £355 SC accomodation inc. flight and transfers.
There's 4 guys booked in (ages 27, 32, 45, 49) but I know another guy who is interested so far - he's in Tel Aviv but might fly from Gatwick.

There is a lot of flexibilty on departure / arrival airports; we are already flying from 3 different ones (Liverpool, Gatwick, Bristol).

So you might have to brave the journey over but you can book through the same agent (CrystalSki).
Price varies slightly based on departure point and how many sharing the room (can increase by up to ~£90 based on 2 sharing)
snow report
All booked in the Alpenrose for the 11th march for a week will give you a shout when were there!
latest report
By the way, the chamexpress transfer is €28 each way michelle123, And not return so total for transfer forl 2 is €113
Need to find a cheaper alternative....?
ski holidays
10th/17th March is not late season - pretty much the best time for skiing if you want to pick up a tan!
ski holidays
Hi thats brill glad you got the hostel sorted. yep i know its 28 each way, no other easy alternative tho unfortunately
ski holidays
think Alpybus is a bit cheaper
latest report
sorry only just saw my post up above that said 28 return, sorry i meant one way. there are buses and trains you can get that are way cheaper but take much longer. you can get a train from geneva airport to martingy and change there for chamonix though the martingy to cham leg takes 90 mins. i think tbh if you can afford it go for the transfer buses cos although they are expensive it means you wont waste anytime travelling
snow report
Hi Michelle123,
noticed your post in a different thread & just also realised your going from Belfast - now I am excited as I'm based here myself?
does the hostel do hot food itself, if i'm reading it right i think it does? though no prices?
any objections if a married 45 year male skiier joined you? - doubt very much i'd be up for the same night life as u guys but like to ski my days with the occassional coffee stop?

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 24-02-12 12:10; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Hi
I have a trip going to Vallandry (Les Aecs) leaving Bristol by coach on the 16th of March. For £559 you get 1/2 board, transport (either coach from Bristol or transfer to and from Geneva, piste guiding. We stay at the Mont Blanc hotel which is at the foot of the Grizly lift and is truely ski in and out. The full area pass is £180 for 6 days but if you use the coach option you can get up to 8 days skiing. (£20 per day extra for the lift pass)
We normally have a mix of individuals and couples on this trip.
Give me a shout if you are interested

Ramon
snow report
This might be of interest - http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/datesandprices.aspx

Have recently booked up with them for a Trip to Les Arcs, not used them before, but the research seems to advise that as long as you don't mind sharing a dorm room, you'll have a great holiday..
ski holidays
bfslxo, be happy to hook up with you when we are there! intend to hire a guide at least one day, and do the Vallee Blanche too If any of you are interested to get the price down? We have done some avalanche awareness training but dont have our own equipment and not sure of where to hire or of prices, but I assume the guides provide you with them.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have a small group going to serre Chevalier on March 10 th , £ 299.00 inc flights , transfers and half board meals with wine , flights from Man or LGW.
Hotel Close to frejus lift, twins or triple rooms.
ski holidays
michelle123, cant seem to private message you? Had a great day on Montets today and thinking of heading to Courmayeur tomorrow if your around?
snow report
danho23,

can you get the week after i am trying to find someone to share with
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy