Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haglofs Womens Fanq Q jacket..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone own this jacket?

I am thinking it would be could for my wife (and she agrees). My only concern is it would be her only ski jacket, and it's a soft shell. The haglof website says

Highly water resistant & completely windproof.

I am thinking "highly water resistant" will be fine for skiing even in blizzards? She is unlikely to stay on the mountain very long if it rains!

Full spec here http://www.haglofs.com/en-US/products/clothing/layers/soft-shell/women/fang_q_jacket_en-us.aspx

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never had problems in heavy snow or light rain with my softshells, and they're not even made of any fancy fabrics. The Fang is made of goretex windstopper 'softshell' which is a 3-layer membrane fabric almost indistinguishable from their hardshells, bar a few things like lacking seam taping and so on. It'll be fine. It'll do a perfectly reasonable job keeping of rain showers, too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A couple of mates have just got the mens version (£100 off in Cotswold Outdoor atm!). It's a great jacket, I really want one for spring skiing. Waterproof enough for most things - rain showers etc - but does let a bit of water in in heavy rain (according to mates). For most people it would be a great ski jacket, if she's skiing in all conditions/away from lifts may need to be backed up with a hardhsell too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski, it should be OK.

I have the blokes version, based on an extensive test of a daily school run it stands up to at least 15 minutes of moderate UK rain, and has not leaked yet. It is definitely at the "harder" end of softshells, whereas my summer soft shell (yes I do have too much kit), also Haglofs, will leak after 5 minutes of moderate rain.

I would use it as a prime ski jacket but would want a hardshell in my suitcase for a rainy day.

Good sale link clarky999, might start duplicating my softshells in non-hooded form!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've sometimes wondered wether a soft shell and then a cost effective waterproof packable shell for whenever it rains would be the best solution.

Maybe even a cycling jacket so that it covers the bum when sitting on a wet chaitlift. e.g. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/altura-pocket-rocket-waterproof-cycling-jacket/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't know the jacket but another, I've skied exclusively in Soft Shell jackets and found it be incredible. I am on the fence about getting a new one now that I live in the Pacific North WET, I'm worried I do need something heavier duty. In the ALPS my Mammut Gore Soft Shell was a 4 season jacket, no question.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For skiing it will be fine. I have a similar jacket (Haglofs Shark) that is 8 years old (it's proven as very, very sturdy and comfotable). I use it a lot (not only skiing) ant it's fine for a few minutes of rain or for when it's snowing. if you plan on skiing in the rain than you need a hardshell
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have the mens version. Very nice jacket although quite close fitting. Definitely not properly waterproof, became a soaking mess after 30 mins of gale force rain skiing in Scotland last year. As long as it's dry however it's windproof and a good soft and flexible fabric.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy