Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard Bags

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Apologies if this is a really silly question, but will a Burton wheelie gig 166 bag fit a board that is 166cm long?

My husband has just got his first board (a Salomon Ace 166w - he's tall, got lots of muscle and huge feet!!!) and its not exactly going to fit into my 156cm bag so we need a new one... The Burton bags don't seem to be too extortionate and we can easily get a 166 but I'm not sure how tight they are and whether the 166 really refers to the space inside the bag that is available for the board.

Does anyone have any idea? Finding anything longer than 166 looks like it might be a bit more difficult but we don't want to end up with a bag that we can't use.

Cheers
KT
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can get 191 skis into a 185 Da Kine board bag. This is fairly useless as to Burton dimensions admittedly but you'r have legitimate course to return if a 166 board din't fit into a 166 bag.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just get him one of these:

link

This will make sure the board sits flat and you can pack it to protect the edges.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the 166 Wheelie Locker and it has at least 70mm more than my 159.

It is an excellent bit of kit and has now survived over 20 flights of the baggage handlers worst abuse.

I can easily load it up to my Easyjet max of 32kg.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a Burton 166 bag (not the big coffin style wheelie bags but just a board bag), and my 167 Burton Baron goes in it with maybe a cm or so each end to spare.
I'm a sad act and when I pack it i put a lengh of pipe lagging round the edges of the board for extra protection and with the extra thickness around the edges this still just about squeezes in.

I bought the bag when BA used to give you a free piece of sporting equipment, so I just wanted a smallish board bag as I always took it along with a wheelie suitcase, but now it's back to one piece of luggage I regret not buying a bigger coffin/wheelie bag that you can fit more in. I can normally ram in/pad it out with a fair amount of clothes, but not enough if it's my only single piece of luggage, so I wish now I'd have gone for a coffin bag.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy