Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damaged boot by out of control blader

Poster: A snowHead
Ewww, it'll take a while to dry those liners out.

Oh. Blader.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And another bladder misread from me

golden but obviously not literally
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I read it as bladder and assumed it was a dodgy racing horse joke.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Actually, this could prove serious...
Quote:
Polycarbonates have carbonyl groups , ammonia may have nucleophilically attached itself and thus cut the polymer chain and produce some type of a red amine conjugated compound. The white precipitate may be ammonium carbonate

So an out of control bladder CAN damage your ski boots. Advise disposing of them using an appopriate chemical waste handler.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought from Urology UK
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any advice on knackered straps and or booster straps?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
dredgey, I'd advise starting a new thread asking advice on the strap, you'll never get this lot's attention out of the toilet once they're in there (so to speak) Toofy Grin

... And strangely enough this time around I did read it as bladder for a split second, anyway. Shocked It must've been a rough year.... rolling eyes
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dredgey, Why don't you just go for a booster strap as we advised first time around!?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Grizwald wrote:
stevew wrote:
pam w wrote:
Quote:

I read this as out of control bladde

and me!

Yup, another here!

And another Toofy Grin
G

-----^^^------

Me too...

Puzzled

I broke the heel plate on my old rossignol boots, emailed the uk importers with a photo and sizes and they sorted me out with exact parts, after several ski shops said no chance as too out of date, only charged a few reasonable pounds too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would anyone have read this thread if they thought it was about a blader rather than a bladder Puzzled

I seem to remember that this caught me out first time around and I've fallen for it again Embarassed Now that's just taking the pee .... I'll fetch me coat rolling eyes
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots, Point noted- the toilet humour is rife! I just wasn't sure if that was counted as double posting or whatever the expression is in forum lingo. And as sno trax, points out the title gets responses! (even if they are comical ones).

gatecrasher, I guess I would just go for a booster strap if I knew they were any good performance-wise?. They look very cheap and a bit naff but I'm not too fussed about the that as they will be covered up when skiing anyway.

I've tried Salomon today but had to leave a message and not heard back. Sounds like you got lucky WayneC, trying a similar tactic.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
not sure if your e mail got back , it appeared to bounce at my end... not got an exact match (can probably get one form Salomon if you are not in a rush) i have a pair of Salomon race power straps which will fit, or about 20 different options form atomic or Lange and Boosters as an after market option
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
dredgey wrote:

gatecrasher, I guess I would just go for a booster strap if I knew they were any good performance-wise?.

They do different stiffness options so should be fine, they also come std on some top end boots so says something I guess....

Looks like CEM will be able to sort you out!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks CEM, If you are able to get a pair of salomon ones that would be good? They don't have to be an exact match to what's currently on the boot I'm not bothered about that, although a matching pair would be preferable. I'm off skiing on 23rd Feb to give you an idea of my timescales. what do you advise though? Should I be taking this as an opportunity to fit booster straps? As gatecrasher, and a few others have suggested, they seem to be an 'upgrade'?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On reflection I think I'm being a bit of a girl about this! I've been reading up on Booster straps and can't find a bad word about them. Thats the way I'll go - should have taken the first response from clarky999 (and others), instead of being overly concerned with 'factory spec' and shoving them in the loft back in February! CEM, I'll be back in touch soon.

Now to sort the bladder out...
snow conditions
Quote:

gets worse the longer you leave it and older you get.....don't leave it as long as those straps eh!
snow conditions
gatecrasher wrote:
Quote:

gets worse the longer you leave it and older you get.....don't leave it as long as those straps eh!

Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy