Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insurance question - Im skiing my partner isnt

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
as shes pregnant. But she still wants to go up the mountain and have a wander. Will she need full blown ski insurance? (I dont want the worry of having to explain that she wasnt skiing but was simply walking)

Thanks

Paul
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a good question. I imagine the answer is "no" but why not put the question direct to the insurance company? Some kinds of wandering round snowy mountains might be quite hazardous, but I imagine she'll just be having a little potter.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very wise question, my wife broke her wrist walking across a car park to get to the lift but we claimed on our travel insurance Very Happy
So guess the answer is yes just in case she slips and falls and the only way down is by piste rescue!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowcard does insurance that covers many activities. For example, their trekking/climbing levels start with 'Rambler' which may well be suitable:

http://www.snowcard.co.uk/activities-trek-climb.php
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dunno, I'd say Ski insurance no, but she will need cover for a winter holiday, with her pregnant I'd definitely speak with the insurer and make sure that they are aware of this to ensure you are properly covered
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Excellent advise all. Thanks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It'd be interesting to hear what results you get. My sister's mother in law - a large and very cantankerous lady - had a bit of a tumble on an OAP's coach trip in the UK somewhere. the only safe way to move her (safe for those who would be expected to carry her, rather than the casualty herself, as she was not mortally wounded) was by helicopter. She had the time of her life and loved being the centre of attention.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
D G Orf, ++
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I should say that over the years I've probably seen as many people sent to hospital from ski resorts as a result of accidents in the village as I have accidents on the slope, silly things can and do occur, slipping on a patch of ice on the way to a train, tripping on a tiny curb coming out of a shop, being taken out by a kid on a sledge and even getting clipped round the back of the head by some ones skis are all ones that come to mind that occurred to people on foot in a resort, if I recall correctly teh results were, broken hip, broken arm, broken leg and a mild concussion plus several stitches
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My OH doesn't ski but comes along for the holiday. Using annual multi trip insurance as a couple with winter sports cover (which means for both of us) is cheaper than if we did it seperately with ski cover just for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy