Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Austrian Adventure

Poster: A snowHead
wink

Minimum_1, it was fab skiing with you and Minimum _2.........just keep on getting those black seats Laughing xx[/quote]

Don't worry we will!!!! Laughing xx

This morning it was really snowy, so snowy in fact that they had to close the AchterJet lift. As we were supposed to have our ski lesson we had to drive to SpaceJet 1 as it was the only lift running, that was close by. We then found our instructor and set off. (As we were waiting in the queue I saw 2 giant bananas, a chicken and about 6 super heroes!!!) When we finally got on the lift, as everybody had come to the same lift, it was snowing so hard that the second we were on, we pulled down th bubble! When we got to the top we spent about 5 minutes on piste and the rest of the 2 hour lesson off piste down a gully, under a chairlift.

After the lesson we arrived back at the bottom to find Megamum and FraserP guarding a table. It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. It involved Gluhwein's, and Beers! Hic! snowHead
Then we ate lunch with Mario (our instructor) because Megamum kindly asked him in.
We then skied down the piste twice and came back home.]
I'll report again tomorrow
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the sun shines tomorrow morning then go to Top Liner......Therme Amade is great, try the red slide with the 8m drop. Red 8 top section and most of everything above the trees in Wagrain was shut, except Graffenburg but I reckon that would have had half the world on it . Tomorrow I'm heading to Zauchansee from FWinkl if they open it up. (Just got the car back from the garage after a E220 repair for a knackered thermostat and sensor - we froze on the drive over last Friday night). Thoroughly recommend Ferienanlage Central apartments (next to Fire and Ice) by the way.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skimac, I think they've found a pretty good apartment near the achterjet wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BTW, I am enjoying this Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Minimum_1, Sounds like you're having some epic snow conditions out there - have fun! Very Happy
How many more skiing days have you got left? The toboggan run sounds like fun if you can get the chance to do it.

PS How was the crock pot casserole? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Minimum_1, was your off-piste lesson good? What did you learn today?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alastair Pink, we scoffed the casserole tonight - it would have been better fresh, but it was fine the way we had it - I'm trying for sausage casserole tomorrow Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, really? I always find casseroles are better the longer they have sat...same with lasagne Very Happy

Im glad you had fun today girls as it sounded pretty cold and snowy!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, Megamum, can't admit to that or she'd have to forgive him for unplugging the crockpot yesterday.... wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am a bit worried that if you are seeing these....

Minimum_1 wrote:
(As we were waiting in the queue I saw 2 giant bananas, a chicken and about 6 super heroes!!!)

then it means that you've been doing too many of these....

Quote:
It involved Gluhwein's, and Beers! Hic! snowHead

wink

Sounds like you've been having a great time! snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
I am a bit worried that if you are seeing these....

Minimum_1 wrote:
(As we were waiting in the queue I saw 2 giant bananas, a chicken and about 6 super heroes!!!)

then it means that you've been doing too many of these....

Quote:
It involved Gluhwein's, and Beers! Hic! snowHead

I must have really overdone those last week, as I swear I saw you skiing off piste. Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geepee, Laughing Laughing You must have done.... if you consider the word 'skiing' covers what I did off piste last week... rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schuss in Boots, oh, it was THAT kind of holiday Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Can we have a sweepstake to guess how old the Minimums are ? I must admit it makes this thread even better trying to work out whether we are dealing with a 6 and 8 year old or a 12 and 14 year old

Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Minimum_1, I'm really enjoying reading about your adventures, especially now you're a gnarly off piste skier. Looking forward to reading the next instalment. Very Happy
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing Laughing
snow report
sev112, pretty close I think
snow report
holidayloverxx, which bit was close 6 and 8 or 12 and 14? Laughing

I'm sure one is ten and one is secondary school so 12. There was the fb discussion but I cant remember the age. Hm. Im going 9 and 11. Lovely to hear of folks having such good fun.
snow report
Hi Folks, you are all quite close! My son Minimum_2 is 9 and my daughter Minimum_1 is 12 - she is having great fun posting about her adventures each day - I am leaving her to do her own typing and posting so you are def. getting her own account of them. They have both enjoyed being 'gnarly off-piste skiers' with their instructor this week and have been tree dodging in the fresh snow today. They came back 'wearing' a lot of it and I swear the hole one of them made on falling over in the fresh gets deeper with every telling Laughing I'm sure you will hear more tomorrow Very Happy

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 15-02-12 22:46; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Megamum, Surprised that there has so far been no mention of Jagatee - the perfect antidote to cold temperatures (as well as many other things!)
snow conditions
Tatman's Tours if that's related to jagermeister (sp?) then it would be because we're not keen on the drinks that are strongly herbal/medicinal/aniseedy in taste. The Gluhwein is great though!
latest report
Megamum, it's black tea with a shot - rum or schnapps I think. If they use stroh it's dynamite, it might also be an "essence" rather than alcohol
ski holidays
Megamum, The predominant taste is rum and it's served hot in a mug, like gluehwein. I've always found it rather more potent (and also nicer to drink) than gluehwein, although I was unable to touch it for the best part of 20 years owing to drinking a few too many of them on a toboggan evening in Leogang. As holidayloverxx, has suggested, a good one can create an 'explosion' of warmth that starts in your belly and spreads out to the tips of your fingers and toes. One is usually quite sufficient if you want to ski afterwards! (Jaegermeister is a totally different drink).
ski holidays
I have become a big fan of Jagatee... best hot drink on the mountain. Hunters tea... can't beat it Cool
ski holidays
Ah, so that's what Jagertee is! I saw it listed in a few bars in the dolomites last week, often after something that was clearly tea/rum, and I was afraid it was jagermeister in tea spoo so didn't order.

Lovely to read Minimum, updates. Hope you have a great rest of week.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
Minimum_1, Sounds like you're having some epic snow conditions out there - have fun! Very Happy
How many more skiing days have you got left? The toboggan run sounds like fun if you can get the chance to do it.

Yes, at the moment the snow conditions are epic. snowHead
Skiing days left are only 2...
I'll ask and see if we are allowed to do the toboggan run!!!

Lets talk skiing for a change!

It hasn't stopped snowing yet, and we are going to stay in Flacau today. Our plan is to get up early and over to the AchterJet, so we can be the first people to ski the powder at the top.
Although it may be windy it will be fun!

holidayloverxx the apartment is great!

06:54am
Still snowing
snow report
Minimum_1, Oooh - Fresh tracks - enjoy!
glad you like the apartment Very Happy
snow report
Minimum_1, am I allowed to do this? Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green Going green ENJOY!!!!!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Minimum_1 wrote:
ed to do the toboggan run!!!

Make sure you check your insurance first.

A lot of winter sports policies don't cover tobogganing, so if you got hurt, you would have to pay for evacuation, and possibly for repatriation if you needed a special flight.

Some policies do cover it.
snow report
Sorry I didn't get round to posting last night.
We got up early and went up on the AchterJet lift and skied what was left of the powder. It seemed that everyone else had the same idea!
When we got to the top of the gondola we went to SpaceJet 2 and up to the very top. It was scraped and there was not much powder still there. However we managed to ski down a slope where we stopped for a break at The Auhofalm, which was another round of the usual (Gluhwein for Megamum!) Laughing
Then we skied down, and came back up again to stop for lunch in, of course, the Auhofalm. Yet again we had ribs and chicken to die for!!!
Later on in the day the pistes were not very friendly, and FraserP's knees were killing him, so we stopped at the Purzelbaumalm and then he announced that he wouldn't be skiing again, the rest of the day or the next. He finished the day going down the piste under the AchterJet and then he went back to the car (Lightweight!) Megamum, Minimum_2 and myself
went down it again and enjoyed it!
Hope to post tomorrow!
snow report
alex_heney wrote:
Minimum_1 wrote:
ed to do the toboggan run!!!

Make sure you check your insurance first.

A lot of winter sports policies don't cover tobogganing, so if you got hurt, you would have to pay for evacuation, and possibly for repatriation if you needed a special flight.

Some policies do cover it.

You are having a laugh aren't you? Just do it and enjoy it, that's all I'd do if I was tobogganing or sledging at home or abroad (although other people seem to have more health and safety concious views then myself)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 17-02-12 11:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Andybag, He clearly does have a different view. BTW, this is a 12 year-old's ongoing trip report so would be nice not to get into yet another snowheads debate wink Nice edit wink
snow conditions
Minimum_1, Hope you had a good last day of skiing! Were you with your ski instructor again today or skiing with all the Megaclan? It sounds like you've outskied FraserP, I think you win the award for being the most gnarly skier of the group!Toofy Grin

So how did you enjoy your first ski trip to Austria - I and many other Snowheads really like Austria - their mountain huts are really nice for lunch (and other) stops, aren't they? Smile

Have a good trip back home!
latest report
Quote:

FraserP's knees were killing him, so we stopped at the Purzelbaumalm and then he announced that he wouldn't be skiing again, the rest of the day or the next. He finished the day going down the piste under the AchterJet and then he went back to the car (Lightweight!)

you just wait, Minimum_1, one day your knees will be killing you too! You should have more sympathy for elderly people. wink
snow report
pam w, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Andybag, No, he doesnt joke much.

Glad its been another great hol for the Mega/Minis.
ski holidays
Alastair Pink wrote:
Minimum_1, Hope you had a good last day of skiing! Were you with your ski instructor again today or skiing with all the Megaclan? It sounds like you've outskied FraserP, I think you win the award for being the most gnarly skier of the group!Toofy Grin

So how did you enjoy your first ski trip to Austria - I and many other Snowheads really like Austria - their mountain huts are really nice for lunch (and other) stops, aren't they? Smile

Have a good trip back home!

Yes we did have a good day skiing and we were skiing with Kooky, Mrs Flangesax and Flangesax Jnr who were all really good skiers.
We have definately outskied FraserP and I take the award up on the winners podium!!! Laughing
All the Megaclan really liked skiing in Austria and we all like the food and 'facilites' here.

FraserP did come out skiing today instead of staying inside. He really enjoyed himself!

Today we went Flachauwinkl and had lots of fun skiing. During the day we went off piste with Kooky who was on powder skis whilst Minimum_2 and I were on competition skis (Fischer)
We are all witnesses of Megamum skiing off piste as well. snowHead The snow was brilliant off piste so we all went in it.

Then we went to the snow park and did the jumps! It was really fun, and later on Kooky dived into the snow. After that we went down the slalmon run but didn't time ourselves as the machine was broken. Then we all went into a piste bar and had the usual.

We've had a really good holiday and the apartment is great!
ski holidays
Hi snowHead I thought i'd have a type for a change.

Today we skied with Kooky, Flangesax and Flangesax jnr. Later Kooky fell over and after that she tried to make me fall over too!!!

Snow was excellent but it was windy at the top.

FraserP who was moaning about his legs went off piste! The only one who didn't was Megamum. Very Happy

Minimum_1 and I went down a salamon course and a snowpark.
snow report
Minimum_2, ahem..........young man!!! That was not me falling over, did you not know I have an evil twin sister wink

Was another great day, I don´t think I laughed so much skiing since I went with Ben on his snowblades Laughing

I have to say, I was mightily impressed with Megamum,s apresing in the shirmbar after........we had her dancing and singing and even chatting up the locals Shocked That woman is a dark horse make no mistake, and I fear I may have some serious competition for my title of Queen of the Apres ski Shocked Shocked
latest report
Minimum_1, you forgot, we are all witness too of Megamum, doing the "waves" .......we will make a freestyler out of her yet Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy