Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Horrendous Half Term Crowds at Méribel

Poster: A snowHead
The Chaudanne, 9am this morning Very Happy

latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
change over day though. Enjoy it while it lasts
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, I'll just stick to skiing on Saturdays Cool
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Patch, it's all right for some!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seriously though, fantastically quiet day, even considering its changeover day. Even the roads are very quiet.

Bleedin' cold though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
getting same reports from Montalbert/La Plagne
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Patch wrote:

Can you post tomorrows photo at the same time please
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett, Very Happy
+1
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett wrote:
Patch wrote:

Can you post tomorrows photo at the same time please

What, you want me to get up early, go out in the cold, and ski ?

OK, if I must ....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just missed out on being in that photo! Looks like my class just arrived at our (New Gen) meeting point in the background. It was nice and quiet today. Calm before the storm! I went to St. Martin twice today with clients. Won't be trying that again for the next 2 weeks. Made that mistake once at Feb half-term and had to wait nearly 45 mins at the St. Martin 2 chair, and that was the ski school lane (I gave extra time at the end to make up for it). I'll try and take my camera as well for the same photo at 9.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Made that mistake once at Feb half-term and had to wait nearly 45 mins at the St. Martin 2 chair, and that was the ski school lane

Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
simon_bates, I'll try to catch you in tomorrow morning's photo wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I might be more obvious in the bright green uniform. Wonder if I'll be able to spot you in the crowd taking the shot?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some UK school groups arrived in Alpe D'Huez yesterday. Still not TOO busy unless you arrive at a lift just after them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
simon_bates, Look for Orange jacket and green skis with white dots on them Smile
latest report
The Chaudanne, 9am this morning

latest report
Patch, Laughing

I reckon they are all hiding behind that ridge Toofy Grin Or all queuing in the ski hire shops......
snow conditions
Is it half term or have I taken the kids out of school for the wrong week as 3v was strangely quiet today rolling eyes
ski holidays
Half term is always fine. This whole 'keep away at all costs, it's horrifically busy!' thing is a total myth. I'm sure this gets proved every single year.
ski holidays
v quiet in Mottaret as well, heard of late availabilty at a few chalets which is unheard of for the half term..
ski holidays
I've been wondering about the effect of the recent few years of financial turbulence on the number of beds filled, especially from Britain. I haven't really kept up with the general scene news, so apols if this has all been discussed before.
Sometimes it does seem to be just too busy. Personally I would rather drop a summer holiday than a winter one, but that said, I've taken a time out from skiing to raise two puppies Shock) Next season it's back on though and I can't wait.

It's really good to see pictures of the actual reality, so thanks to the op.
ski holidays
aw, I wanted a pic of Patch and simon_bates running into each others arms Toofy Grin
ski holidays
alti - dude wrote:
Is it half term or have I taken the kids out of school for the wrong week as 3v was strangely quiet today rolling eyes

I looked at a 3pm web-cam shot from off the top of the Derby in Les Arcs, also much much quieter than I would have imagined on day 1 on the 'busiest week of the year'
latest report
Paris kids not on holiday until next week, so that should help
snow report
I arrived into the Chaudanne at 9.03 according to the electronic scoreboard at the bottom of the Stade. I stopped and chatted to Martin Jeffers (BASS instructor in the foreground) but didn't see anyone taking photos. My own camera battery died before I could take my own one. Guess I was just a couple of minutes late to be in it.

Today I noticed a couple of queues - Tougnette 2 in the morning, and Pas du Lac in the afternoon, but nothing horrendous. A couple of pistes got busy later in the day, perhaps as more people arrived, or yesterdays arrivals found rental equipment and got out on the slopes. However my flatmate does airport transfers and reckons the roads haven't been as bad as normal for half-term so that would seem to confirm a slightly less chaotic but still busy week. We'll see what 9am tomorrow brings...
snow report
simon_bates, It was just a quick snap on my phone camera, then quickly off up Plan de l'Homme before the crowds got there

Shimmy Alcott, Laughing
snow conditions
Oh, and no photo from me at 9am tomorrow, I'll be on my way to Mozambique
ski holidays
Quote:

before the crowds got there

Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing um, enjoy Mozambique Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Patch, I hope the ski conditions are equally as good!
ski holidays
Patch, I wondered why you weren't home when I got back from work! You'll get no sympathy from me going direct from piste to beach and then back to piste again next Saturday Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
But 9am is about the only time Meribel is that quiet, half term or not. Take the same shot at 11am when all the oiks have slobbed their hungover back-sides out out of bed Toofy Grin.

I passed through Meribel in mid-Jan on the way to Les Menuires and back, and despite the fact that I'd not seen a queue in Courchevel all week, and there were no queues for any of the Les Menuires lifts, there was a 15 minute wait down in Meribel for Tougnette 1 (and a further 10 mins for Tougnette 2) on the way out and a 20 minute wait for Saulire 1 on the way back. And don't even get me started on the comparative quality and busyness of the pistes. If I could Teleport from the top of Loze or Saulire to the top of Tougnette or Mont de Le Chambre I'd quite happily cut out Meribel.
latest report
Got this from my lad yesterday over in La Tania, I think this scary site is what is keeping peolpe away, hope its not a SH or anyone you know Toofy Grin
ski holidays
livetoski, OMG that is a scary sight...not one beer to be seen!
snow conditions
The yeti fell into a vat of ribena.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, Laughing Laughing
latest report
hammerite, Laughing
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, hammerite, Chasseur, Laughing Laughing

Sort of the right size for skimottaret Toofy Grin Toofy Grin (sorry Scott) Twisted Evil
ski holidays
livetoski, omigod, that conjures up a real horror movie of a mental image! Shocked Shocked
snow report
All the scare mongers have kept the 3 vallies all clear of lift queues. Awesome. 2 or 3 minute queues in Val Thorens and Les Menuires since Saturday and max 5 minutes in Meribel today.

It does not get any better than this. Keep the scare mongering going please.
snow conditions
livetoski wrote:
Sort of the right size for skimottaret Toofy Grin Toofy Grin (sorry Scott) Twisted Evil
LMAO!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy