Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warning - Ski A La Carte

Poster: A snowHead
Dot. wrote:
I'm enjoying banana cake. What do you like.

Pineapple upside down cake. Yum
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Voice of Treason,

dude

you want some banana cake.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dot.,

dude

sure thing

ok bye
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi folks Sad There are so many things I want to add to this thread to correct myths or defend myself, that for my sanity I think I'm gonna have to leave it alone tbh! *step away SBM and start afresh...tomorrows chip paper etc*

I appreciate the support wholeheartedly from you all, and from shimmy and thefatcontroller in particular. (Its not why I posted btw before anyone flames me...I posted purely to raise awareness to fellow friendly snow folk. How silly of me!). Who knows, if it makes SALAC rethink what they are doing, then it's all worth it. Incidentally, the first girl from SALAC we spoke to however was aware of the 'blip', and did say they would probably get the money back and sort it out for us. Therefore implying it must have occurred before, which only serves to make me more mad!!!! Oh well... Worse things happen in life Smile.

Maybe see some of you around here....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowboardingmum, No worries, most here understood your post and thanked you. Others, well, welcome to Snowheads? You do not need to defend yourself.

Don't worry they shall get one shitty call from me tomorrow and 2 x cancelled Ski cards for next season.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowboardingmum, +1 to what thefatcontroller, said. The fact that it happened to you means it could happen to any of us. Thanks for the heads up and a belated welcome to snowheads.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hm, I'm all for Banana Cake Very Happy

snowboardingmum, glad you came back. Hopefully you will stick around.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowboardingmum, good to see you haven't given up completely. I popped in earlier and several of the posts seem to be about what people have read into your post rather than the post itself. Good call pointing out the possible pitfall and there has actually been some useful info' posted explaining the differences between weekly and season passes inbetween other comments. I hope that you do get some recompense. Keep us updated.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did someone mention cake?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cake, U seem to have lost your other 2 posts already, very careless Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would just like to add in the favour of SALC, that the adult passes suited us perfectly.

We were there for the month as good as, and though I checked against the season pass, there would have been very little difference between the two in cost, with the season pass being just fractionally cheaper had we gone up each day. However we also wanted to chill out and not board each day depending on the weather or how we felt. Just as well as we were both ill for most of the time so, we lost a handful of days! Therefore the SALC card allowed us to be flexible, skiing whenever we felt like it - and saving a percentage off the daily standard rate. If we'd felt better we would probably have ventured further afield too to visit another covered area, but this was not to be.

Like mentioned above, we did get a total of three ski days for a euro each, as did the children (but that's another story Very Happy). It's an excellent scheme for adults and older children/teens even, if you want that flexibility and you spend longer than two weeks in the areas covered. I would definitely recommend it for adults who fit this criteria.

*...on the subject of cake and in recognition of my welcome back, SMB hands round some sticky toffee cake....*
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowboardingmum, the flexibility of the card is the reason I purchased it for our kids, both over 18, and prone to wanting a lie in or DAY OFF Shocked on occasions.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hells Bells, One our last day in January we were going to ski till about 2 and set of in the car then. When we woke up there was a horrendous blizzard blowing. The kids (on standard 6 day passes) were going to ski with us till 12 and then they had a lesson. We all set of at 9am and did the Marmotte lift in Arc 2000, short but fast lift, when we got off the wife says that it she is going in. I politely explained to her that if we went in that 4 minute lift will have cost us 77 euro. I made her Embarassed Embarassed do one more lift. We gave up at that point. Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thefatcontroller, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hells Bells, hadn't really thought about one until I looked at this and then into it the actual details of the Holiski, and for me, seems to be the best way to go this year. I usually buy a season pass before December and get the 25% off, have not done that this year (though the Mrs has) as I did not know if I'd be able to ski (getting over an ACL reconstruction Op last Sept) and as we're there for four weeks I only have to ski about 5 or so days to make the initial 29 euros seem viable - as you know I tend to not ski everyday on the piste doing various other stuff and plus ski in other resorts, and we'll also be going to Tignes to see my daughter which is also one of the Holiski resorts so all seems to be goood, and Montgenevre is 34 euro

In fact last couple of years with knackering myself mid way through the trip shelling out for a season pass was probably not the best tactic rolling eyes
snow report
Weathercam, we has shelled out for season passes when Jules broke his neck-on the first day of our holiday. We managed a refund of the 14 days (at only 20€ per day) we would have been there, and then asked them to send back all of our original documents which included the season passes. We did manage to use them for 4 days right at the end, but it wasn't a good move. Bought them again this year, and TBH, it will probably be worth it for J, but not for me.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy