Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mum and son, Westendorf or Soll?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still quite new to all this posting, but boy are you all so experienced. Smile

Due to my hubby having to work, I am left with the dilemma of no skiing or skiing with my son for a week, a bit of a no brainer really. We haven't booked yet but are looking at Westendorf or Soll 3rd March, with Westie being the favourite (we haven't been before) visited Soll before. My son learnt to board there. ( he's 17)

What I would really like is some advice, we ideally would like to stay somewhere friendly, where I can meet other adults and he can meet people of his age too, we have a real giggle together but I know a week is a long time with no adults to pal up with.

Also my son really wants to stay somewhere with a Sauna, which when I explained, "Well its all off in there you know" ( loose the trunks) he was most amused and said he would keep his on! Its just not cricket for the pair of us together, if you see what I mean. Are you allowed in Sauna's with your swimwear on?

Westendorf looks like smallish and friendly but will we wish we had stayed in Soll?

Any advice, tips or just plain talking would be much appreciated Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've not stayed in Söll but, I would go to Westendorf just for the convenience factor alone. You can be skiing within 5 mins of walking out the hotel when you've picked the right one. No faff with buses and mega queues in that ginormous lift shed for the Hochsöll gondola. There is a park in Westendorf if your some likes that. I believe all saunas in Austria are 'textilfrei' no clothing at all.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Are you allowed in Sauna's with your swimwear on?

Not in Austria, it seems. Laughing He'll have to lose his inhibitions!!

We found a (largish) catered chalet the best option with teenagers as they could do their own thing. Most of them are in France, but that's peak holiday time in France so things might be a bit crowded.

If your son is good on his board he might enjoy a special ski class - with other teenagers - maybe freestyle?

Equally, a ski class might be a good bet for you, too, if you are looking for others to ski with. They are generally friendly and sociable.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Westendorf is brilliant. Also has the best skiing of the SkiWelt.

Try and get a room at the Glockenstuhl, if it's not already full. Very friendly, very easy to meet people (at the bar, restaurant, sauna or pool). FWIW you're not supposed to wear clothes in the sauna, but young Brits often do and no-one minds, although if he's shy it'd be better just to tell him to wrap a towel round instead.

He'll probably enjoy the Wunderbar in Westendorf too wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
e.g., Thanks, I know what you mean about the lift shed, made me chuckle!

pam w, Cheers Pam, I told him, he said, no way am I showing my bits to my mum! (seen it all before love!). Good idea re the classes, I had thought of that but really love covering some mileage and just chilling when I want to. Freestyle for him would be good, mum might just treat him to that!

clarky999, Will check the Glockenstuhl out many thanks, I know we've left it a little late but would settle for Soll if no where to be had in Westendorf. Let alone he would enjoy the Wunderbar, is it good for 40 somethings! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you like church bells go to the Mesnerwirt in Westendorf it's just feet away from the church! Just had a quick look at the Crystal ski website and they've nothing in Westendorf, two hotels in Söll (Christophorus and Tyrol) also the Schönblick in Ellmau and the Sport hotel Fuchs in Hopfgarten, all Ski Welt. I'd looked into the Schönblick last year it's out of town a it but looks like it is next to the blue runs at the bottom of Ellmau. The Fuchs is next door to the lift station and ski hire shop in Hopfgarten, which in early January this year was completely dead in the evenings.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
high we are just back from soll, my wife and me stayed in hotel austria half board, its a great way to meet people for a chat over dinner, the hotel is well run with great austrian food, bus passes the door in th morning but i preferred the 10 minute walk to gondola., couldnt fault soll small compact with nice bars and restaurants, which ever village you stay you will have a great time in the ski welt area.enjoy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ovalfan1, Thanks for your reply, yes have skiied Soll twice and we really enjoyed. I was just thinking of somewhere a little smaller, so you get to know people if you see what I mean ( ha ha starting to sound desperate now).

I am going to try and hold my nerve for that last minute deal so although Westendorf is my ideal solution would be happy to settle for that Austrian bargain, looking a bit thin on the ground tho Sad We are pretty easy going and just really excited to be going anywhere!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well I've done it booked Soll for the 3rd march, I am 1 happy bunny tonight, thanks for all your input, keepiong my fingers crossed that all that lovely snow continues Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy