Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's with the new Slush & Rubble catalogue?

Poster: A snowHead
andy, I think S&R have not yet updated their website with the winter stock, so what you are seeing is the odds and sods from their sale pages.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How can they only sell one Killy men's jacket??!! I'm with spyderjon on this. It looks as though their buyers have made some very strange decisions this year, particularly as S&R in Manchester sold out of all men's Killy jackets by the second week in December last year.
As for the £1,000 Spyder jacket, that's obscene!! How to underline the supposed elitist nature of our sport in one easy lesson.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
In addition, the budget airlines recent(ish) decision to charge for ski carriage also makes hiring more attract for the 1-2 weeks a season skier.

BA doesn't charge for ski carriage and if you book early enough through their website you get comparable prices to the low cost operators.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in my local S & R the other day and asked the sales assistant if they would be stocking the Metron B5, but unfortunately he'd not heard of them. Oh well, maybe they weren't one of the most talked-about skis of last year after all.

They are also not stocking any Hestra gloves this year. What's with that? Anyone know if EB is stocking the Hestra Army glove (the leather one) this year?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I admit to being underwhelmed by my new S&R ski catalogue. It's never happened to me before Confused
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
the B5 didn't sell because it tried to cover too many areas. whilst versatility is great it didn't top out in any particular category. Plus it was as heavy as lead and only got worse with the daft and heavy atomic binders.

The real question of the catalogue is:

8 race skis. umpteen skiercross skis. 2 fat skis. a handful of twin tips.

yet nearly every action shot of the lothing is either a park or powder shot.

go figure
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
without being too black and white, why buy skis from snow and rock? Skis are skis are skis, once you've found a model you like, get them from the cheapest place, which isn't snow and rock.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jonski2, Welcome to snowHeads. But the b5 sold out in the US - well in 162cm anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowbunny, they haven't even sent me mine!!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, If it was worth the postage, you could have mine, but honestly theres piccys and not much ski stuff and very little info, its pants Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone got the Ellis Brigham one yet?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi, No & not sure when it's out. I'm at Castleford tomorrow so I'll check.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don't know who Alice is, but you can get anything you want at her restaurant.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Has anyone got the Ellis Brigham one yet?

The EB website says their catalogue will be out sometime in October. You can view some of the stuff through the Online Shop menu already even though the ski category icons are greyed out for the store.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
yeah....and they missed out that my new Schuss update cards were written by Fall-line magazine and Natives - sorry for blatant plug fellow snowheads wink
ski holidays
supernaut, welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy