Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smallish resort - Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
T-Dub, any of the Ski Amadé resorts would provide you with plenty of options. St Johann-Alpendorf would give you ski in ski out as would some of the locations in Zauchensee, Flachau and Wagrain. Schladming also has loads to offer both on and off the piste.

BTW I think you mean Waidring and the Steinplatte - the last time I skied Wagrain it was a hell of a long transfer distance to the Steinplatte! Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
T-Dub,
Quote:

Seeking an area predominantly of blues (for competent but nervous Mrs Dub) I've just got back from Lofer.

Very short transfer from Salzburg, pretty town, good Spar, not much nightlife at all, but one jolly schirmbar to experience some traditional apres, all round good learner/improver/family area.

Also skiable area doubles with a 15 minute bus trip to Wagrain and their extensive Steinplatte area.

If thats not enough, St Johann a further few minutes (but thats a bit mega in comparison).

Day passes decline in price with each passing hour and everything similar in cost to UK.

Predominantly Germans, locals and Dutch (in that order) with a sprinkling of Scandinavians. Heard only a handful of English speakers all week.

Packages via Neilson but easy enough to DIY.

Quite a few Geographical muddle up shere (Sue spotted one)... but Also StJohann in Ski Amadé is a tiny bit (3 lifts or so) above the town... 'wellness' areas in Wagrain, Altenmarkt, Dorfgastein and Bad Gastein and Schladming.
Not sure why you would prefer Germans over locals... or is that locals and Dutch? or is that Germans over the combined want of locals and Dutch with a sprinkling of Scandies.. over a low heat for 2 hours?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Im sorry, I shouldnt have bothered
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how about Kuhtai? had a day there last year and really enjoyed the compact circuit, nice and high too (Austria's hightest) so snow was great - much better than Mayrhofen where we'd been the week before.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, You seem to be in a pretty grumpy mood today! Someone/thing spoilt your fun? You are usually way more friendly and helpful.

If you read I said St Johann-Alpendorf which has considerably more than 3 lifts. Any way the Hahnenbaum runs in town are quite good fun when conditions are good, even though they are quite antiquated. And if Alpendorf, etc is busy, it is usually quiet in town.

T-Dub, Why shouldn't you have bothered? The muddle was a mistake anyone could make, especially if you are not regularly in these parts of the world as some of us are. Another area you might like to look at is the Hochkönig area (Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach). Mühlbach and Maria Alm are the nicest of the three areas, Dienten being more spread out but smack bang in the middle of the area.

Some of the tour operators are beginning to offer resorts in these areas, but you will still be a minority. Loads of Dutch, Danes, Swedes and Norwegians and a fair sprinkling of Germans if not many Bavarians!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
T-Dub,
Samerberg Sue's suggestion of Hochkönig is spot on... nice and cruisy throughout the whole area and only about 1hr transfer from Salzburg airport.

I just wasn't sure of the post.. is this a request or a report?

I think you are referring to the larger St. Johann in Tirol as you wrote '(but thats a bit mega in comparison)' - as you are quite right... it is... but the St.Johann in Ski Amadé is tiny and often gets muddles up by holidaymakers and even TO's!

And the language thing... well it is a bit like saying 'will there be snow at 11:00am on the 3rd December 2013 'cos I have just booked a holiday'

And yes Sue... been very much 'Ben' over flangesax today!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just returned from Lofer. A nice smallish family type resort with a good bit of off piste available too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
T-Dub,
Having woken in a significantly better mood this morning (as I'm off out in a bit Wink ) ... I have learnt to read!....

Quote:

Seeking an area predominantly of blues (for competent but nervous Mrs Dub) I've just got back from Lofer.

Doh!... I get it now... You were seeking an area predominantly of blues (for competent but nervous Mrs Dub) and you just got from Lofer...

Being a hat eating idiot I read it as SEEKING an area predominantly....... and youv'e just got back from Lofer...
Sorry for being such a dufus!
Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy