Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Jackson Hole Restaurant suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all

Am off to Jackson Hole and Park City in a couple of weeks. Have been to Park City before but never been to Jackson Hole. Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants in the evening in Jackson town? Also, any views on good watering holes - we normally have a couple of drinks before having a meal then heading back to hotel so not looking for late night bars...the ski-ing is too important to be out all hours!!! Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm off to Jackson on Friday, so I might be able to report back. Based on memories from last time, I seem to recall the beer and pizza being extraordinary in the Snake River Brewery - a microbrewery a little walk away from the town centre. We have kids so haute cuisine isn't really on the menu, but the Cadillac Bar was another family-friendly hideout for us - great, very simple burgers from Billy's Giant Burgers next door and an excellent range of local beers to wash things down.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
darbyrw, depends what you are after. Tell us more. I've eaten about 100 dinners in JH.

My favorites, Trio for fine dining, Buon Appethai, and Lotus Cafe... Everyone has to try Bubbas, although the new place is nowhere as atmospheric as the old one. The Cadillac grill is good. Nani's is not brilliant. The merry piglets for good Mexican stuff (and a 32 oz marguerita...) lots of pizza places such as mountain high...

And the snake river brewery is a bit of a walk but good.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Second the Snake River Brewery and Billy's Giant Burgers (old school burger diner but space limited so they serve in the Caddy Grill next door too). Mountain High Pizza Pie for pizza. Thai Me Up for Thai. Decent sushi available in supermarkets - generally dining options reckoned to be best in all Wyoming due to the diverse crowd from international ski bums to Wall St & Hollywood.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoat of the dead, we like the mix of fine dining and simple food...really like our meats and a good quality steak with a decent bottle of red is always welcome. Happy with the pizzas and beer on other nights so snake river sounds good. we are staying at the parkway inn and will not have a car so need to be accessible. Will have a look through all the suggestions already given...thanks to you all for such quick replies.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
McDonald's.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
darbyrw, the Parkway is great - central, spacious and well maintained. No grand reception area or anything pretentious like that, but the rooms are full of character and a decent size. Enjoy.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The parkway is fine. Stayed there once.

Plenty of places do great steak.
If you want to go to a really basic operation the Teton steakhouse isn't as bad as it looks. And you get soup and salad thrown in.
I've had very few bad meals in JH. I think the level and choice is better than Park City by a long way.
There will be a restaurant dining guide in your room.

Some good lunch eating on the hill too. The buffet at the 4 seasons and Il villagio osteria are good. Cascades ok. The alpenhof can be ok, but if full gets really long waits. The mangy moose is ok too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

I've had very few bad meals in JH. I think the level and choice is better than Park City by a long way.

That's the key word!

I'm not particularly impressed by Cadillac Grill. Not because it's bad. But only because it's not particularly better than any other dinning places I randomly walked in.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nikai Sushi in Jackson. I was there 5 years ago and have not had better sushi before or since. Not cheap but so worth it. For drinking, go to the Cowboy Bar for a touristy Wild West experience and also for amusing people watching (abundance of cougars).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IN the 80's there used to be a greaty American greasy truckers Diner (couple of blocks from the main square) called LeeJays. It was the cheapest place in town to fill up. No toursit ripoff stuff.

Here you could get dinner (American Diner food like Meatloaf , Thanksgiving Turkey everyday , Liver & Bacon) till 04.00. They stopped for 1-2hrs to clean then you come in again at 08:00 for your Amercain Breakfast.

I just looked it up it now called Burke’s Chop House http://www.burkeschophousejacksonhole.com/

Definitly not what it used to be like Sad Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, I remember the place well and can still picture a row of archetypal denim-and-leather clad cowboys propping up the bar - my first encounter with the West outside of a cinema. I turned up for breakfast after a freezing cold September where I'd slept in the car after a long trip up from Colorado. I was still in my student days and I'd hitched a lift with some guys I'd met in a youth hostel a couple of days earlier and we were utterly ill-equiped for Wyoming overnight temperatures.

Never has a diner felt so welcoming or a breakfast tasted so good .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy