Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Bourgs St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am trying to find the quickest way to get to Bourgs St Maurice (actually Les Arcs 1600) from Geneva airport. We land at Geneva at aorund 10.30am on Sunday 1st April and were hoping to get half a day in at Les Arcs.

Would anybody know if this is realistic? Can anyone recommend any tranfer companies that offer individual transfers to get us there as quick as possible. I looked into the train and it seems to not be very guaranteed.

I have seen on Google maps it takes 2hrs 20 mins drive but I often find they over estimate how long it actually takes. Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks for any suggestions/recommendations.

Cheers

George
wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Altibus. it does take about 2.00 longer if bad weather or heavy traffic.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

Altibus is a good option, as is a hire car. Private transfers can be booked via www.thecoolbus.co.uk.

Happy planning!
Heather
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I fly to geneva and then drive to Arc 1600 a couple times a year. My experience on fairly quiet days are:

Scheduled landing time 21:00 (say) Actual landing time 20:50
Getting off plane, trecking to luggage reclaim, collecting luggage, out of baggage collection area 21:30
Picked up hire hire: 22:00, but can be later.
Drive to Arc 1600, finding parking spot , getting into apartment etc. 00:30

Having done that breakdown I recall last March getting to the apartment not long after midnight even though I stopped for milk on the way.

So from scheduled landing to getting into apartment 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Since the roads should not be too busy at the time you are proposing arriving you should get to the resort about 14:00 but heavy traffic around the airport can delay you somewhat. IIRC the combettes lift is free on Saturday and Sunday so you could get a bit of skiing in on the Sunday afternoon.

Unless you are very lucky I doubt if a transfer bus or coach will get you there in time for any skiing. A half day is, I think, being optimistic
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes I would allow 30 minutes from landing to leaving the airport. Another 30 minutes is nothing to sort out the hire car.

The Google map time is accurate from my experience. The road from Geneva to Albertville is mostly single lane and delay is possible if you find yourself behind lorries or snow cars. Sunday should be a good day to drive so I would agree johnE allowance of about 3.5 hours. He could do it in 3 because he is a regular and know the route/roads. I also consider it optimistic of getting half day skiing with the landing time scheduled at 10:30am. Assuming you have your own gears, dress up for the skiing, known exactly where the BSM car park is, able to park immediately on arrival you still have to walk to the ticket office to buy the ski pass, take the funicula and then at least one chairlift before you can actually ski.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The road from Geneva to Albertville is mostly single lane

It's slow from Annecy to Ugine, but the rest is dual carriageway or motorway. Can go all the way on motorway (via Chambery) though it's longer.

Geneva airport is getting increasingly busy on Sundays. I wouldn't count on being out of there in a hired car in an hour from landing, though a taxi transfer would be quicker.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holyjasper wrote:
Hi
I am trying to find the quickest way to get to Bourgs St Maurice (actually Les Arcs 1600) from Geneva airport. We land at Geneva at aorund 10.30am on Sunday 1st April and were hoping to get half a day in at Les Arcs.
Would anybody know if this is realistic? Can anyone recommend any tranfer companies that offer individual transfers to get us there as quick as possible. I looked into the train and it seems to not be very guaranteed.
I have seen on Google maps it takes 2hrs 20 mins drive but I often find they over estimate how long it actually takes. Anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks for any suggestions/recommendations.
Cheers
George
wink

Yo George,
I've trained it from Geneva to Bourg - it's a nice trip and not too complicated. Usually just one change (Chambery) altho takes a while (3.5 hours).
You can get the times here http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
and find out about the ski-rail map here http://rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/SkiRail_Product_Information.aspx?area=SkiRail_Product_Information
It's not the quickest way but it's probably the most relaxed/enjoyable.
Neil Neige
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi George, skiidygonzales are doing private transfers down there this year too. probably one of the quicker options...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy