Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Luxury problem with bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My old Völkl Gottama 190cm from 2005 with Fritschi Diamir Freeride bindings has been my perfect tool for 6years but there is not much left of edges or surfaces so I have been shopping.

I'm 180cm and 80kg (5' 10.9" 176lbs).
I got a pair of pair of K2 Hard Side (181cm) last year and mounted Marker Duke on them. Nice allround ski but it does not float in the powder the way the longer old Gottama did.
So I have ordered a pair of Völkl Kuro (185cm) and ordered Fritschi Diamir Freeride to be mounted on them.

I do mostly off piste skiing around resorts involving shorter hikes/skin (~1h). Groomed pistes I see as transport to new terrains, although I enjoy large super-g like turns at high speed in the grooms when there is no decent off-piste.

I have second thoughts now, maybe the heavier Dukes should be on the Kuros since they are heavy in the first place and less suitable for hiking and I should put the Diamir on the lighter Hard Side?
On the other hand, when I go hard (piste super-g) the Hard Side + Duke would be the best option.

Incredible how things like these can occupy a skier's mind for extended time....

Please share experiences and ideas so I don't drill more holes in the skis for no good reason.

/l-e
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
you want to hike to the best snow which means powder in my mind, so why compromise on the fun factor with skis that you dont really care for in the powder.
Granted you dont always get that when you hike but it's what i would aim/hope for, as for the binding combo well only you can choose if more weight up is worth the better ski down.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tri_lars, Welcome to Snowheads. If you are mostly doing ~1hr skins, I don't see any problem with the Dukes. Their weight is not going to be a significant factor in that time
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Super-G style turns in Fritschis? Hahahaaaaaa

Why not just stick alpine bindings on the Hardside?

Or one pair of dukes, one pair of alpine binders and use the inserts from Binding Freedom to move them around as and when you need them???
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy