Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last Minute Operators

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone

Hopefully you can offer some good advice - I'm looking to book a last minute ski holiday beginning march 24th/25th (hopefully catered/all inclusive chalet arrangement). I have started looking online but the prices seem to actually be increasing. Ideally I would like to go to Banff (obviously won't be a chalet) or a resort in Europe that offers a decent amount of skiing at that time of year. When is the best time to look for these deals, and can people suggest operators who offer the type of super deals you read of? Realistically, how much would you expect to spend booking a weeks holiday to Banff 2 weeks/1 week before departure?

Thanks in advance Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd look at alpineanswers.co.uk for their last minute deals a few days before you want to go.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Look at chaletsdirect.com. Post in their solution room - be specific - and see who comes to get you . There will be someone !
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm looking to book a last minute ski holiday beginning march 24th/25th (hopefully catered/all inclusive chalet arrangement). I have started looking online but the prices seem to actually be increasing

That's ages away, hardly last minute! When I booked a last minute holiday it was 3 days prior to departure, with the TO (LeSki, Courchevel 1650). The TO websites usually have last minute offers, which are worth looking at as well as the other useful suggestions here.

Obviously nobody knows now what snow there will be towards the end of March, but given the epic quantities in much of the norther Alps at the moment, and current very cold temperatures, things are looking good.

Given that you are flexible you should get a good deal - but probably not until very close to the time.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The problem with Banff is that the TO appear to hold flights on scheduled services that they release about 2 weeks before the departure date, presumably to allow the airline to sell them. Thus while the price comes down a bit it isn't like charter flights to Europe where the TO books the whole flight and then must fill it so almost gives the flight away.

Prices are going up at the moment because of reports of great snow. They will inevitably come down nearer the time but you become restricted on resort and accommodation choice. It's the old quandary of book early for choice or book late for price.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy