Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz - Skiing 27th March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone skied Avoriaz the last week in March? I'm worried its not high enough for this time of year, but i don't want to travel too far from Geneva as only going for 3 days and I've got to do the driving!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was there in the 3rd week of March last year (well Morzine actually) in what was a pretty bad season for late snow. Morzine was un-skiable. Above avoiraiz and the snow was super. Below Avoiriaz and the snow was ok in the morning and slushy in the afternoon - normal spring conditions.

This year I would say you'll be fine - there is a decent base down everywhere.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pennyweight, welcome to snowHeads Very Happy

Avoriaz will be just fine. We go lower than that (Les Gets) early to mid April most years and haven't had a problem. It's a lovely time of the year to ski, as long as you accept spring conditions - usually hard & icy first thing, then soft by early afternoon. We've had several decent snowfalls too Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We usually ski the PDS 1st week of the Easter hols - either 1st or 2nd week in April and we have a great time. Great sunbathing weather for those vin chaud stops, and plenty of snow where you need it (of varying consistencies!). Avoriaz will be great. Les Gets is also worth a visit if you have time, though we usually get the lift back down the Pleney into Morzine if the snow is on it's way out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, Avoriaz will still be great in late March, especially this year. The lowest runs e.g. down to Prodains will probably get heavier in the afternoon, but where doesn't? Coverage will still be very good everywhere, even if we get no more snow from now on!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you everyone for all your help! Happy skiing!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy