Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone up for Val Thorens from 17th March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am a 32YO Male, intermediate boarder. Looking for other intermediates to board / ski with.

I'm finding really great deals for Val Thorens at the moment....

http://www.igluski.com/val-thorens/altineige-apartments_p3927?holidayid=43497082

£290pp based on 6 sharing (flights / transfers / SC accom).

4 sharing this apartment wouldn't be impossibkle either at these prices.

Val Thorens before is perfect for late season action as it is the highest resort in Europe at 2300m.

Plus you get 600km of 3 Valleys piste. And it's ski-in / out accomodation; and great nightlife too.

There are 2 of us very keen at the moment. Let us know as we want to book soon...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, looks pretty good. I'm a forty-ish intermediate boarder and prefer off-piste when I can get it. Havent been here but the reviews look impressive. Any chance you could email me a contact number richconnah@yahoo.com to discuss? Cheers. Rich
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
intheshed (Rich) - I just emailed you.... We have 4 of us interested now so it's starting to look like a go-er.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ideal, am definately up for it (work has OK'd the week off and, more importantly, so has my other half!).
Nothing received on my email yet.....so, how do we go about booking this/paying for it jointly?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
which airport serves Val Thorens, I live in N.Ireland and would need to fly from here Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Chambery - 2 hrs,
Lyons - 2.5 hrs,
Geneva - 3 hrs

I would say Geneva best as it tends to be the cheapest route.

belfastski - I can add you for now but I'll need to check with the operator on mixing the flights up. Might be good if you can find one more from Belfast and all meet in Geneva.

Rish - sorry email did not send so I sent another just now. I'll speak to the operator today on paying separately..
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Belfastski - flights from Berlin cannot be included in the package deal, but maybe we could arrange something though if you can organise your own flight to Geneva at a similar time.

The occupancy per apartment is flexible, so we could always pay a supplement to make room for you.
Which makes it a lttile trickier but should be doable.

The way it breaks down:

'Alteneige' Apartments -

£290 is based on 4 sharing a 1-Bed SC apartment.

Supplement for 2 sharing the same apartment would be £161 per head (£451 total).

Other option is for 2 sharing a studio for a £126 supplement (£416 total)

Personally I don't mind sharing a room as it's just a place to crash; but at least we have flexibility if anyone wants more privacy.

They have a few apartments left so we can configure ourselves how best suits, provided we are quick enough.

I'm waiting replies from a few heads at the moment.

Noel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Guys, I might be interested in this, if there are still spaces? 27yo intermediate skier (can get down most things except tough blacks), would prefer to fly from Liverpool or Manchester. Been to the Three Valleys three times (including Val Thorens twice) so know my way around pretty well. Sharing a room wouldn't bother me. Please get in touch either on here or john_gillett_2000@hotmail.com. Thanks, John
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For the record - the prices apply to Gatwick, Manchester or Birmingham as departure airports.

John - I'll add you to the email list but I'll still be posting here too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi Noel,

As per my email.... in short, the deal looks good......£290 plus the lift pass (about £160?) plus food and beer....what could be better?

Let me know what the booking guys say reference paying separately. I cant see it being a snag as long as we all use the same booking reference number?

I am able to pay now, so maybe you could give me a call to discuss once you have the details and then we can get the ball rolling before this deal runs out.

Personally I have no problems sharing a room......like you, its simply somewhere to get my head down in between boarding.

I'll probably be flying out of Gatwick unless the Bristol flight is reasonable.

I've sent phone contact details directly to your email.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Rich
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oooops, sorry, just saw its Birmingham not Bristol......so thats me definately flying out of Gatwick then, no snags, give me a shout!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Paying separately won't be a problem apparently - we all just need to call the main number for Igluski and ask for 'Thomas';

Once we've agreed.

So far we would Rich and myself plus a guy called Paul all from Gatwick.

John [from Manchester / Liverpool] - you would make up the 4th (by the way I'm a Manc myself...).

I'll have to fully check the flying situation. Sent you an email though - can you reply with your tel. no?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, I've put in a request for Le Chamois D'Or for £314pp - 3 flying from Gatwick one from Manchester.

Sorry to change the accomodation but really Alteneige did look horribly bad and I'm sure it's worth the £24.

Prices might vary - the agent is checking with the operator. Stay alert boys - I have sent you all a group email. We might need to book today before 7pm. This apartment is more popular so fingers crossed.

4 berth will mean 4 separate beds I confirmed. Although I'm sure it will be a little pokey.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No problem, just checked Trip Advisor and it looks fine. Well done for putting this together!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi,
All sorted and booked.
Just wanted to thank the forum for facilitating this and to say a particular thanks to Stuart at Igluski who managed to juggle four guys calling him from different parts of the country, flying in to different airports at different times on different transfers when he was actually supposed to be going home for the day.....much appreciated Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy