Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Blace to get CHF?

Poster: A snowHead
Should I order some from the bank or just draw on my card when I get there? (As I normally do). Going with family and friends and got a lot of stuff to pay for so I'll need a fair wad - a grand or so I'm guessing. Normally I just use my card and try not to think about it but I'm trying to be a bit more organised this time.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://travelmoney.moneysavingexpert.com/holiday-money/buy-100-pounds-worth-of-euros#results

You will find that Money Corp at Gatwick WITH an online voucher is almost as good as anything else.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have sometimes found that Swiss Banks in resort do a better rate of exchange than I can get in UK, often there is a simple flat charge for the transaction rather than a percentage which if you are changing a large sum can make it significantly cheaper, but it does depend on the exchange rate at the time
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"No.1 Currency" are fairly unbeatable on the high street for most currencies
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snow Hound, 99.999999999% of the time you will get a much better rate in the ATM in Swiss land even at the airport or in the Banks in the towns.

Somebody once told me it was because the Swiss banks do not see consumer exchange as part of their easy profit, but then again I think UBS is the biggest FX trader in the world Toofy Grin

We had family getting 1.13 chf to the Euro last August from the ATM when they were getting 1.04- 1.08 from the banks at home.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys. It might end up that I've got some cash to change up so from whats been said my best bet in that case would be to take the Sterling to the bank in Monthey rather than change it before I go?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd be surprised if anything gave you a better rate than the link I posted.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 7-02-12 14:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Harry Redknap? (yeah I know it was Monaco)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TotallyBoard wrote:
Harry Redknap? (yeah I know it was Monaco)

Cant see Harry being much of a skier. Can you imagine all the wind resistance his face would cause? Plus the old twitch - edge catch - face plant scenario would get a bit tiresome.

Irons!

No I just paid for a recent trip on credit card and my mates are giving me cash in return.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow Hound, Oddly enough try Thomas Cook find the best rate offered on the tele/net and they will usually beat it. I snatched out of the air 1.179 said I'd seen it on the net when 1.158 was good and they said OK must be over £500 exchange. BUT my credit card always beats any cash price so I alwyas use that
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know this, I know this.........................Switzerland ? Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CH.......Hole in the wall
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
CH..hole in the wall..FACT

Another fact....Murren in Switzerland has more snow at the higher and lower levels than the big names in France: Meribel,Tignes and Val D'lsere !!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Brookes, But Murren is a tiny place even compared with big brother Wengen and prices are higher together with the snow
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cynic wrote:
Chris Brookes, But Murren is a tiny place even compared with big brother Wengen and prices are higher together with the snow

I would agree that Murren has a smaller ski area but much better off piste than Wengen,no Q's and no cars too

http://youtube.com/v/9MEH5uuqcqU

You dont know Murren then as the snow level is always much higher than Wengen, check out some speedflying around the Murren
http://vimeo.com/36263161
latest report
Chris Brookes, Murren has easier to access Off piste than Wengen, not sure that I'd call that better, there are some good off piste runs around Wengen and Unlike Murren there are some in the trees. Murren does generally get more snow though Laughing
snow report
Whilst all this digression is lovely we're actually going to Morgins so practically in France anyway. The snow is great there right now anyhow.
snow conditions
best place to get CHFs would be just about anywhere....in the first half of 2007! it was 2.50 then.....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy