Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar to Bourg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doing the train for the first time out on a Friday night and back on Saturday night, if we get on at Ebbsfleet will there be space for our luggage (ski bag plus 2 bags) or should we get on at St Pancras?

At Bourg Station are there any lockers that will take skis?

Any recommendations for breakfast near the station?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I used the service, they covered the last few seats in the carriage so you could use them as a luggage overflow. They were quite vocal about keeping luggage tidy as the train was full, but everything seemed to fit. On the way back, they were telling people with smallish bags to put them overhead to save space, but when we arrived, I realised that there was only our bag and one other in the main rack!

Frequent Ebbsfleet users might disagree...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does the direct Eurostar stop at Ebbsfleet now? It used to only stop at Ashford?

We have used Ebbsfleet station for a ski trip (normal Eurostar not ski train one) and not had problems putting our luggage in (we tend to take quite a lot). We find it a lot easier going to Ebbsfleet - easy cheap parking, and hardly anyone else gets on there.

When we last used the overnight Eurostar ski train there was loads of luggage space but that was in first class. I think they put aside extra luggage space in each carriage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
don't think lockers in le gare at BSM are long enough for ski's there is a portacabin outside the station which is operating as a left luggage mechanism i think

breakfast across the road from the station in bazoom or early morning walk up the street opposite the station and on the left you'll find 2 cafe's le bon coin and le pmu

our local stop is always le bon coin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apologies for hi jacking this thread. Going out on the Eurostar friday myself, is there a need to book a coach outside the station to take me up to Tignes or is it a case of hopping on?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
always best to book
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking at the train seating plan on every carriage there are 2 seats booked right next to the main luggage bit (in standard).

It may be coincidence as people might want to sit right next to their bags (??) but more than likely these seats are 'booked' out for bags.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
radar, people are right there is a baggage portacabin next to the staion, head to the bus terminal part and you can't really miss it when you come out. The place across the road did some good stuff last year, and some free wifi (thats how I normally pick somewhere to eat, unfortunately means using Mc'D's in more locations and times than I would like) and if the sun is out a nice place to get your tan on. I love the train to Bourg, used it a couple of time last season from Amsterdam, change in Paris, wake up in the snow, jump the funicular and off you go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowymum, Thanks just assumed that its stoped dooh!! Looks like St Pancras.

Thanks for all the other info, really useful
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy