Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Annamaria in Folgarida?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've spotted a fairly good deal for Hotel Annamaria in Folgarida for the end of March with Neilson - does anyone have any info on this hotel and resort as there don't seem to be many reviews about that i've found, also any reccommendations for the ski school?

Oh- and most importantly what's the price of beer and carafe's of house wine on average in resort? snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Atomic_Mick, review I wrote here last year. Can't help on the hotel though.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Atomic_Mick,

Hi the Annmaria is the largest hotel in Folgarida, by far. It is right by the shops and only about a minute from the lift and piste. You can't ski back to hotel but you can to around 100m away. There is a pool - which I'm told, may be wrong, is open from 4pm to 7pm. Apart from Half Term, when it's full of UK types, it's a very italian hotel although one or two of the staff do have a few word in english - the romainian girl speaks the best UKish so seek her out. The food in the AM is quite good and the rooms are OK. So all in all it's a good place to stop.

Neilson don't "really" come to here - ok they do, but not "really", if you get my drift. Their main base is down the road (about 30 min by bus) in passo tonale. The bus to passo calls in here and drops off some quite confused people each week - I know as they are sometimes in my class. You'll get told where this and that is by the bus rep, and then you're dropped off. So, as long as you don't mind this then you'll be fine. There is no neilson rep here.

Not a clue how much stuff costs in the hotel, but it will be much less than you're used to if you're used to france and much more than you're used to if you normally go to bulgariia.

Any more questions ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wayne,

Many thanks for the info -very interesting to know about it being a bit of a diy thing with Neilson but that doesn't really bother us as we rarely see reps on tour op hols anyway - we've gone ahead and booked it anyway as got a good deal and the area lift pass has been reduced on the week we go -24th March - i've stayed a week in Passo Tonale before and had a day skiing in Madonna and really enjoyed the skiing so i've always wanted to go back but been put off a little by the prices for holidays in Madonna, so this seems a good way to ski the area without the expense -so i guess i'd better dig out my italian phrase book then anyway Smile - is the AM in 1300 or 1400 as i take it one part is quiter than the other?

Btw, I take it your an instructor with the ski school - we are thinking of having group ski lessons - if it's very italian then are there usually enough british in resort to have group lessons in english, also what time do the group lessons start usually?

Oh, what would you say is the difficulty of the home runs back into Folgarida and the link runs between the main ski area as my gf has an aversion to 'reds' though she pretty comfortable on most blues now when skiing in France.

Thanks Chasseur, for the link to your review it helped me to take the plunge on this resort.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The lift pass for Folgarida does not include MdC. Make sure you have booked the SuperSki pass if you want to ski in MdC.

Your hotel is in Folgarida 1300 near the lifts and the shops
1400 is basically a collection of appartments and a few hotels up in the forest and is not really Folgarida (it's Belvedere - Crystal please note !!!)

If you book lessons with Neilson you'll be with our school. Don't worry about the language as we are used to running classes in Italian and English - my mate runs some classes in 4 lanuages. We have 8 instrcutors who can run English/Italian classes so you'll be fine. Most multi lingual classes start at 10am and are for 2 hours.

The link back from MdC to here is on a steep red run ?

Back down to the town from the mid station there are 2 runs (black and blue). The black is "steep" in places (very steep) and the blue is OK.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We definitely booked area ski passes - thanks for the info on the ski school - it looks like we'll be booking group ski lessons then - i'm a bit concerned about the steep red on the link with mdc for my gf (is there a lift down if she does refuse?) - i think i've been lulled into a false sense of security as i found most runs in the madonna area pretty comfortable on my day there previously coupled with the oft mentioned saying that 'most' reds in italy would be classified blue in France - do i tell her about it now or do i just wait and see once we get there as the hol's booked now and nothing can doabout it.

That could be your challenge for the week Wayne if you end up teaching my gf that week! We may be looking for an extra private lesson anyway on the 1st afternoon.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Atomic_Mick wrote:

Thanks Chasseur, for the link to your review it helped me to take the plunge on this resort.

You're welcome - glad it was useful. Hope you have a great time - the skiing really can be fabulous IMHO.

The red referred to on the way back to Folgarida is really only steepish for 100m or so and only then tends to get a little tricky at the end of the day when carved up. From memory, it's easier tackled to the left when looking down. It's reasonably wide in any event.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur wrote:
The red referred to on the way back to Folgarida is really only steepish for 100m or so and only then tends to get a little tricky at the end of the day when carved up. From memory, it's easier tackled to the left when looking down. It's reasonably wide in any event.

exactly right
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was there in January, staying at the Park Hotel in 1400 though so can't help you there( sorry Wayne we missed you, but thanks again for the advice)
There where 5 of us, 2 of us went over to MdC most days and loved it over there. My partner and her friend had only done a couple of reds before ( In Passo Tonale the year before) But after a week of lessons which they found very good (Sebastion and then Stephons I think it was ) they came over with us on the last day. They found the last red down to the MdC link and the last MdC red on the way back both harder then most of the other reds in the resort partly due to the traffic as both seemed a bit of a bottle neck. We got round the first one by getting the first lift up on the Friday morning and it did seem a lot quieter going over. Having read Chasseur's report before we went we had made a decision to start to head back after lunch rather then leaving it too late and struggling if the lady's where to tired. This worked well so it ended up a great day for all of us
Prices we found very reasonable everywhere we stopped especially the El Mas just up from the Park hotel and even the Chalet Fiat at MdC which surprised us .
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy