Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I think I'll buy a helmet.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going away on Friday so I'm limited by time so my question is this, will a helmet be cheaper in resort (Sauze d'oulx) than say, Brighams or snow & rock.

Budget would be around the £100 mark.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
homers double, doubt it would be cheaper in resort so buy here. If you have any idea what you want and your size you can do well online but unless you know which makes & sizes suit your head then you need to go down and try on.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homers double, you'll probably have more choice in your local UK store.
ski holidays
 cran
cran
mine cost 50€ and has built in headphones... not sure what benefit you'd get by spending £100
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i'd say there is better choice in the resort if you visit every shop there are absolutely loads of brands, however they are more expensive for the same thing and the downside is that you need to shop before you can ski, unless you just hit the slopes and don't wear one on the first day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cran, just because all lids pass the same standards doesn't mean all helmets are created equally. You pay for better quality, features, materials and construction.

homers double, fit is essential, get in front of a bunch of helmets and be led by which one fits you the best.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got mine in the UK, if you can get into Manchester before Friday take a look in the EB megastore shop thing in Castlefield, they'll definitely have a good selection. The EB on Deansgate has a few to choose from but not exactly a big range. Nevisport on Deansgate has a few too. Apparently EB has a mid-season sale on at the moment so might be able to get something on that. No idea about S&R at Chill Factore as I haven't been in but I guess they'll have some. EB Castlefield would be my choice though.

IME buying in resort won't be toooooo bad however, they seem to sell at RRP and that's the same everywhere. I got a ski jacket in resort and it was no more expensive than at EB/S&R in the UK, the main difference being that in the UK you can normally get a few pounds off or a free pair of ski socks or whatever but in resort they just said "non".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got mine in resort when I first went skiing, noticed most people were wearing them (Argentiere) so I went and bought myself one from a small shop at the bottom of Grands Montets, cost me 100euro; for a Bolle Switch, they had loads of choice and that one fitted the best....

Checked on the interweb and saw you can buy one online for about £60 so not really a difference in price (back then the pound was about 60p per Euro).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homers double, I found better choice of brands in UK shops and slightly cheaper.
But I was limited to the one or two shops on the bottom of the lift in Austria as we decided to buy in the middle of the day (seeing almost everyone around was wearing one and it was busy on the slopes).
Have to say I hated the idea of helmet before but as soon as I bought one I loved it Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Richard_Sideways wrote:
cran

homers double, fit is essential, get in front of a bunch of helmets and be led by which one fits you the best.

I know, I wear a bike helmet several times a week so the process of buying one wasn't the question.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
homers double, I bought mine (in Tignes December past) for under €100 - tried on loads and it was at the higher price end of the range I looked at. Wide selection available.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just passing EB in Castlefield today so nipped in and bought a nice Salomon affair and a pink Buff*

*Buff may or may not be for me...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Goes with the jacket and an Endura Sleepless In The Saddle buff from a few years ago.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy