Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Goggles Replacement Lens Frustration

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Does anybody know if it's possible to get replacement lenses for Salomon X Pro 10 goggles?

I spent £110 on a pair at the start of the season, the lenses are now too scratched to use, and I could also do with a yellow lens for bad light conditions. I got in touch with the retailer I bought them from, who reckon that Salomon are not making replacement lenses available until next season! Astonished by this I've emailed Salomon and Amer Sport (Trying to find contact details for Salomon is a joke btw), but they have not replied to me.

Do Salomon really not sell lenses for their goggles?? Am I supposed to fork out another 110 quid a new pair? Help!

PJ x
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Despite the higher upfront cost I've always thought this is a strong argument for buying Oakley - designs don't change often and lenses available for many years.

A shame my A-frames didn't work with my Bern helmet (lesson learned). The Giro's I replaced with were cheap enough not to worry about replacement lenses.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eversolazy, Salomon probably don't make their brand goggles? so if the supplier hasn't any spares?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eversolazy, Sadly it will be next season before replacment lenses are available. I will try to see if I can do anything for you by getting on to the guys at Salomon.

How were the lenses scratched? General wear and tear etc, could the shop not replace them under warrenty if the damage is excessive?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Despite the higher upfront cost I've always thought this is a strong argument for buying Oakley - designs don't change often and lenses available for many years.

+1 to this.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I should have checked before I bought them, it didn't even cross my mind. Shame though, they're pretty comfy.

Thanks hP. The wear and tear was generally bashing into trees, so I don't think I can get away with taking them back to the shop! Saying that, Apple did once exchange an iPod that mysteriously stopped working after I dropped it in a glass of Red Bull, it still stank of Red Bull too.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eversolazy, I do allot of work for Salomon and I know they are actaully working hard to ensure their products are right when the hit the shelves. I think the goggles think was more a wait and see if it is worth doing a 2nd year of them before we go all out with lenses etc.

I however still wear Oakley due to their incredible construction, quality and customer service.

I heard a story of a pair of goggles going back after somebody driving over them in a car park in Tignes and Oakley sending them a new replacment pair with the letter stating " Despite the car tyre threads in the foam we beleive that our goggles should withstand this kind of punishment so here is a new pair"
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I know this is an old thread but does anyone know where I can get a replacement lens for the XView. Salomon "consumer" service is useless. I've emailed them twice now, asking for their help in finding a retailer who might have some but they simply respond by saying they don't know, and giving me a list of ALL of their retailers and telling me to contact them individually.

None of my local retailers have them and I can't find any online.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@jzBun, maybe they don't know.

It's unlikely to be a big line for them is it?

Can easily just see them supplying retailers at the start of the season with goggles and not doing replacements. Maybe they don't do replacements at all.

I like our Smiths, model still made and as they're an interchangeable lens model, plenty of supply.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I managed to get my local ski shop to order a replacement lens for my wife's XView's from Salomon about 2 years ago.

Your local retailers may not stock them but should be able to order them for you.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@under a new name
Quote:
I like our Smiths, model still made and as they're an interchangeable lens model, plenty of supply.,

The Xview are an interchangeable lens model and they're marketed as such. One of the features is "Quick and easy replacement of your lens" and "30 second lens change".

I suppose I should have checked the availability before buying them (I bought them in a shop, not online) but you don't expect a brand like Salomon to market them as interchangeable without a good supply of replacement lenses.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jzBun, that's even more irritating! rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy