Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Saisies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm in two minds whether to post this or not at the moment. Les Saisies really does have the feel of being a bit of a secret resort, at least that's the feeling I got from my week there in late January/early February. Who wants to give away their secrets?

If I had to write a tag line for this lovely little (village size) resort I probably would go with something along the lines of 'the perfect alpine resort for a debutant'. The pistes are gentle and rolling, with good opportunities for progression onto early intermediate piste when required. Everything is nearby and easy to access, there can't be an apartment in the whole village which is more than 10 minutes from some piste or a lift. The 80km or so of piste in the Les Saisies area is more than adequate for a beginner or early intermediate. For a few Euros more per week a lift pass to the Espace Diamant can be obtained, providing access to around 150km of piste. The lifts aren't the fastest around, but they don't need to be, as often there is only 400m/500m vertical meters to be obtained. We never had to queue once for a lift, not once. The lifties were great with children, often stopping or slowing down the teleseige for the more nervous youngsters.

What really struck me was how amazingly friendly everyone was, from the bar staff, the ESI staff, the girls in the lift pass office, the Gendarmerie, the apartment cleaners, to the people in the shops. Everyone, bar a very odd woman in one of the piste side cafes, was lovely, helpful and responded positively to "Parlez vous Anglais (Ecossais)?"

Our apartment was of a typical size, but was clean and well equipped, we used www.grand-mont.com/ for our accommodation. Slight issue with a lack of hot water in our place, but i'm sure that it wasn't a wholesale problem. If it had been that much of a problem I'm sure that the staff at the Agence would have assisted. For a French resort it's painfully picturesque, with its coniferous alpine forests and Mont Blanc in the background.

We had a truly wonderful holiday and I would definitely recommend Les Saisies to families and beginners, as it's quiet, friendly and really well priced.

I'd be happy to answer any questions and maybe give Pam a break for a bit...

Oh, I had a cracking Tartiflette du Montagnard in Le Dava in the village snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am sure that Pam will be pleased to hear how much you enjoyed Les Saisies as she is always saying how lovely it is there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've only had a day there but will be going back for another day hopefully in March Very Happy I did have an excellent guide wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the Espace Diamant has 185 kms of piste, actually - can't let you get away with that one, Feast wink . Glad you enjoyed it all. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
the Espace Diamant has 185 kms of piste, actually - can't let you get away with that one, Feast wink . Glad you enjoyed it all. snowHead

Very Happy

We had a truly wonderful time. Thank you so much for all your assistance in the build up and your support with the OH skiing. We are already looking into our next ski holiday together. Thanks. snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My vote too Very Happy for Les Saisies but don't shout to loud wink as our clients would like to think that they too have discovered somewhere good where the car parks are not full of right hand drive cars.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

where the car parks are not full of right hand drive cars.

and you can park free or very cheaply right near the lifts.

Feast, it was great to meet you. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy