Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Broken thumb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have rather stupidly injured my thumb and the clinic think there is a small fracture. It hurts a lot today, although pain killers are helping a lot. I am off skiing for a week this weekend. When i asked the doctor he seemed to think it was ok to do as much as I wanted/could handle, although suspected holding poles might hurt a bit!

So Anyone been in a similar positions and got any good advice?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tore a ligament in mine in January though only found out about a few days ago! Where is the fracture exactly? Might be worth getting a splint of sorts to immobilise around the fracture site but to allow some function. I've got one that allows me to do most things but put pressure across where the ligament is torn. Should help with poles.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fizz, really depends on the site of the fracture - in the tip bone or the lower bone?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
its at distal end (tip) doctor had strapped it up but it was hurting a lot so I have taken stuff off
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fizz, if it's the tip, do you know if the fracture line goes into the joint space?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't think so as it was the results of squashing thumb between objects

Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I dislocated my left thumb before a trip years ago and ended up skiing without poles for a week, if anything it improved my technique and got me out of my bad habit of dragging my rear pole as a kind of break which was pulling me into the backseat all the time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fizz, I agree with the doctor then that the only problem is the pain! Little point in strapping it in my view. Have a great time.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Broke mine in two places (both bones) and added the joy of an avulsion fracture where I tore the ligament off. Needed a cast to immobilise so the avulsion fragment could heal but skiing was fine even if the pole plants were a bit wishy washy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I spent my first week on skis with a fracture and ligament damage. A thermoplastic splint under a larger pair of gloves protected it from being hit by button lifts and bashing it further. Moulded it round my pole so I could hold it properly (although I didn't use the poles for most of the week).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy