Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late season Ischgl

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know that the snow has been good this year,and that snow depths are better than usual in most resorts.
Has anyone been to Ischgl late in the season ie April, and what conditions could I expect? Three feet of slush can be unpleasant Confused Most of the runs are high, and the resort is open until the first week of May.
The lift pass is still full price until the end of April, so there must be something decent to ski surely?
Tour operators cease going after the first week, so it must quieten down? (if possible in this resort!)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been in April before and also in a couple of pretty bad snow years (2007 and last year). Almost all of the runs were open and the snow was generally in reasonable shape.

If you want to avoid slush (I like it), then you'll want to avoid the runs down to Samnaun (80 and 60) and you'll probably want to download on the lifts rather than take 1 back to the town. Personally though 60 is one of my favourite runs there. It's such a scenic run and it's usually really empty. Pretty much everything else should be in good condition though especially with the amount of snow that has fallen recently.

It's not a massively popular place with Brits, so whether UK tour ops go there or not doesn't make a massive difference to numbers. However I would say that it was noticeably quieter last year than in previous years. Of course the poor snow and the economic situation in Europe could both have been factors.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ischgl is normally fine late season anyway. With this season's amount of snow, should be excellent.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
went 2nd week in april a couple of years back, great conditions on and off piste, just the very lower runs down to samnaun (^^^) a bit slushy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
margaret, It is one of the places I was thinking of for an April trip (daughter wants to come now so need somewhere cheaper), and late April they do 7 night packages including 6 day liftpass which are not a bad deal (for Ischgl)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was there on the second week of March last year, and the snow was already slushy. But then again, I guess this year things might be pretty different! The resort is pretty nice, by the way. I couldn't get enough of those slopes... can't wait to be back Smile

www.tipsology.net
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nobrainbcn wrote:
I was there on the second week of March last year, and the snow was already slushy. But then again, I guess this year things might be pretty different! The resort is pretty nice, by the way. I couldn't get enough of those slopes... can't wait to be back Smile

www.tipsology.net

Last year was unusually bad though - spring started in January. Normally Ischgl is one of the best places for late season skiing.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are not bothered about skiing down into the resort, we prefer to do an extra run or two on good snow higher up. Is the snow likely to be good enough there?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Even when snow is good we tend to avoid the resort runs at the end of the day
Fine to do them earlier in the day when they are quiet though
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
went to ishcgl mid march 2011 and it was unusually warm so anything lower than mid station on the gondola was slushy and at the bottom outside hotel elizabeth was water skiing. made for a great last hour with a beer at the bottom watching all the 'i can ski brigade' not being able to ski in the very heavy and slushy conditions. I found the best plan was to let the mad rush go down at 4.30 and have a beer at the idalp area where the gondola takes you to and then head down at about 4.50pm - crowds have gone and you can then ski down and have some fun without the big crowd.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy