Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need new ladies carving ski...............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am after a new pair of skis to add to my quiver of two. I currently have some 2010 dynastars 156 or 8? Eden 84 and 2006/2007 154 K2 One Luvs. I am looking to replace the One Luvs with a ski better suited to advanced carving. The One luvs have been fine so far, but I am getting better (and fitter) and the K2s are now chattering as I am progressing towards angulation (plus they are beginning to run out of edge). I think the One luvs may not be stiff enough (or torsionally stiff enough) I'll still keep the K2s for riding in the glades when conditions are bad and for early season rocks.

I am 5 ft 3 3/4 or 162cm , weigh around 132lbs and am the wrong side of forty.

Any recommendations?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gryphea might be worth checking out theskidiva if you don't get the help you want on here, its a forum for women only, loads of good advice on women specific skis. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the Kneissl people (who i must admit at least some allegiance to) tell me that they will be doing some promotions or something similar imminently, and that their Blue Star is a ladies focussed carving machine. Their website is down at teh moment while they do the rebranding and launch etc/
But if they're anything like the Red Stars they gave me, then they will be superb
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gryphea, for advanced carving= Atomic race SL (flatdeck or D2) 155 or Salomon LAB 3V race SL 155 both are ladies skis and will carve your socks off.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks sev112, and Cynic,

Not entirely sure I am up to a full race ski but will investigate those options. I had been thinking Volkyl or Elan
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cynic +1 with the caveat that I'd aim for the "punter" end of SL skis, rather doing race department. MrsFS is around your dimensions and really enjoys her Atomic D2s.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gryphea, I tried the Volkl Fuego and really liked it, just a little less full on than the race ski (racetiger?) I tried on the same day but the same sensation. I'm not really a fan of the ladies K2 skis but if you just want an upgrade from what you have then whatever the Burnin Luv (superburnin?) is now should work. I agree with the slalom ski suggestion though, I have a pair of Elan SLX which are great fun, a lot easier to ski than you would think as well.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What about Stockli Spirit Motion or Sinox Motion? http://en.stoeckli.ch/no_cache/main/ski/collection/?skiCatId=33&skiPrdId=93
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Crusader wrote:
What about Stockli Spirit Motion or Sinox Motion? http://en.stoeckli.ch/no_cache/main/ski/collection/?skiCatId=33&skiPrdId=93

For "advanced carving" I'd rather look into unisex Stöcklis. I wouldn't even describe my Spirit Globes as skis for "advanced carving" and yet they are a step into that direction from the Motion models.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

I have a pair of Elan SLX which are great fun, a lot easier to ski than you would think as well.

Two guys I was with skied these in deep off-piste so practical

I'd go for this ring the importer, whose name always escapes me daughter races on the southern circuit, bargain
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gryphea, make sure you demo them first. Shouldn't be too hard in the Rockies..
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cynic wrote:
Quote:

I have a pair of Elan SLX which are great fun, a lot easier to ski than you would think as well.

Two guys I was with skied these in deep off-piste so practical

I'd go for this ring the importer, whose name always escapes me daughter races on the southern circuit, bargain

It's Keith at North Kent Ski Racing Supplies Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sarah, You are right, Keith Evans very good prices 01634 829024
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks guys

REally don't think i can get Stoklis locally. Will look at the Elans and the Volkyl and the Atomics. Won't order form Keith even though I'ms ure he does a good deal. It will take long time fiddling around with customs.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gryphea, I got my Elans 2nd hand from ebay
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy