Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What size boots have I currently got?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A strange question I know but I have a pair of Lange 70 CRL that are more than comfy but are getting on in age. I am looking to replace them but can no longer make out the mondo or European size marker, the sole length is 332 and I am normally 9.5 or 10. I would like to buy another set of Lange boots online but am unsure if these are a 28.5 or 29?

Can anyone help me?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I remember right....

9 - 285
9.5 - 290
10 - 295
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
332mm is a size 29/29.5 shell...which IS NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO A SIZE 9-9.5 much closer to a 11.5-12 in real life.

get measured, get fitted get it right, do a shell chef on your current ones to see how much space there is in the shell
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
*shell check
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fast Pat, you shouldn't assume that just because you currently have Langes that they are going to be the best boot for you now - especially if the boots are a reasonable age.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For the record, after a lot of research, I purchased the boots of ebay. A brand new but unboxed pair of 2011 Lange Super Blasters at £125 compared to a RRP of £360 (from Snowtrax clearance). The new boots at 28.5 have a BSL of 330 and are 9.5 uk, so I don't know where CEM gets his 11.5 from for a 330?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fast Pat wrote:
For the record, after a lot of research, I purchased the boots of ebay. A brand new but unboxed pair of 2011 Lange Super Blasters at £125 compared to a RRP of £360 (from Snowtrax clearance). The new boots at 28.5 have a BSL of 330 and are 9.5 uk, so I don't know where CEM gets his 11.5 from for a 330?

probably by measuring pairs from his store room.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fast Pat,

Quote:

The new boots at 28.5 have a BSL of 330 and are 9.5 uk, so I don't know where CEM gets his 11.5 from for a 330?

Click on the link at the bottom of his sig and you will find out just where he gets his info from.

Did you do a shell check?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fast Pat wrote:

from 25 years of fitting ski boots and seeing a whole heap of people with boots which are too big

28.5 IS NOT a size 9.5 uk it is a myth it is a wrongly converted size chart which has been around for many year , the very reason salomon amongst others removed the UK sizing form their boots.... if you measure your feet in mm (a whole heap more accurate than a size 9..btw what exactly is a size 9) and it measures 28.5 cm long then great you have the correct size, but if it measures somewhere around 27.5 which most size "9" feet seem to be then the boots are too big

the answer is simple, take the liner out, put your foot in the empty shell and slide your foot to the front, toes just brushing, now look down the back of the inside of the shell and see how much space there is behind your heel....10mm tight fit, 15mm good fit, 20mm recreational fit, 25mm big but acceptable to many people ...any more TOO BIG

but hey, you got a bargain and you are happy, all i was trying to do was help you rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fast Pat wrote:

By not smoking enough crack. You should share.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy