Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heel lift and can you recommend a boot fitter?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
Just returned from a week in Bulgaria, I had a brilliant first half of the week but then I seemed to develop a massive heel lift. I,ve worn the boots for c. 3 weeks. They are really comfortable and I've loved them, but that is changing!
I had seriously bad hire ski's that were so slow.
Do I give up on my beloved boots and buy some new ones or do I look for a fix?
I'm an intermediate skier, my boots are Rossignol Electra 90, I reckon I can lift my heels 1 - 2cm in the boot, and tightening them cuts off my blood supply.
To save mine (and my husband suffering me moaning about my boots!) can anyone recommend a good boot fitter in north, east or west Yorkshire that I can go to??
Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowsal, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Lots of good feedback for Graham at Rivington Alpine http://www.rivingtonalpine.co.uk/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
+1 for Graham at Rivington Alpine, he fitted some boots for the OH and she is very happy with them. He makes a good cuppa too!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Glide and Slide in Otley sorted me out a treat.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all. I think i'm going to try Glide and Slide first, a bit closer to home!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I took my old nordica boots in with a similar problem a while back and was pleased to be given some heel inserts that go between the shell and inner boot to address this problem - for free Smile.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not an expert on boots so correct me if I'm wrong here, but those custom fit insoles's you can buy can solve these types of problems as they custom mould them to your feet and can add thickness where required, Ellis Brigham do the service, think it costs about £60 IIRC.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy