Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lost SnowChain La Rosiere/BSM

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have lost a Thule K-Summit K33 yesterday (Sat 4 Feb, about 0730) at some point on the road from La Ros to BSM. TThe cause was most likely poor fitting by me Embarassed Embarassed rather than a problem with the chains.

I know it's a long shot, but

1. Did any eagle eyed SH snowHead pick up a lonely chain en route? If so please PM me and I can arrange to get it home...

2. Does anyone know if the La Rosiere/BSM council have a 'lost property (ie chains) department where they keep any stuff they find on the roads? If so, any advice would be very welcome.

3. Is anyone in a similar position who would like to either sell me their single chain, or buy mine (complete with all the spare fittings, bag etc...) to make up a pair.

Otherwise, a fantastic week in La Rosiere - I'll post something in a more appropriate area....

Tony
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TonySmith, snowchains are disposable items, get used to it! wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd like to, but at £300 a pair I'm struggling to let go! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TonySmith, Will your travel insurance cover it?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Insurance claim?
Next time stop and retension after 1-2Km
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TonySmith, How did you miss losing a chain? Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Why the hell were you using chains yesterday I was there yesterday and people using chains on a clear road caused no end of a tailback. If there is a dusting of snow you do not need chains surely.
Sorry transfer driver rant over
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Point of order m'lud, I thought the French, sensibly enough, called them "found property" rather than " lost property" offices. There's one at BSM station - but I guess that's for trains rather than chains...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I know this wont help, but we left Les Eucherts around 0700 French time, Saw a snow chain about 5 miles down the mountain, didn't stop though as it was dark and i had cars behind me. I have to say my Vredestein Quatrac 3's in 235 45 17 all seasons worked well going up and coming down.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I will keep my eyes open but been up and down the hill 6 times over the weekend and did not spot anything.

anderoo wrote:
Why the hell were you using chains yesterday I was there yesterday and people using chains on a clear road caused no end of a tailback. If there is a dusting of snow you do not need chains surely.
Sorry transfer driver rant over

Agreed. I like to think they only got summer tyres on but then I think what idiots come to the alps in when it's the most snow in 30yrs with only summer tyres.

As for the French guy who crashed into our garages last night because he could not be bothered to put his chains on for the last 200yrds down a steep and obviously slippy slope, he got what he deserved- big car damage.

transfer driver rant over
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I had the chains on to get out of snow packed Les Eucherts and kept them on most of the way down the hill because every time I thought about taking them off I found a snowy hairpin and had a couple of losing the back end moments. Yep, guilty of being an idiot, as charged - I had normal tyres on as I didn't get organised and change them before departing Embarassed - never again though! Apologies to any offended transfer drivers (although fortunately we didn't cause any hold ups, in fact we got stuck behind someone crawling along even more slowly, without chains on... Shocked
I also saw a chain at about 5 miles down, and was thinking "Someone is in for an expensive surprise..." as I carried on down the hill... imagine my shock etc...

Looks like I'll be digging into my pockets for a replacement (as well as a set of winter tyres... ) rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy