Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Urgnet Help required - Travelling to Zermatt from Geneva by Rail

Poster: A snowHead
Hi -could do with someones help please. Due to a situation at home we've missed our flights to geneva and the subsequent transfer to Zermatt. We are planning on going Monday via Easy Jet as the flights available today are too late
I want to try and arrange a transfer by rail looking at the time tables I think its possible but want to know the proccedure and any tips - i see there is a half price rail card where do you get it from? are tickets on line? If anyone could help me understand the process id be very grateful
Mark
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need a Swiss transfer ticket from Swiss Travel Centre - stc.co.uk - this qualifies you for a return journey anywhere in Switzerland and laasts for a month. Kids under 15 travel free. Adult cost is £90 for standard class.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BJP, he can't get that, he's travelling tomorrow.

marksovereign, don't know about the half price ticket as we've always planned it in advance and had the transfer ticket. If you would go today but the flight arrives too late for you to get a train all the way to Zermatt, you don't need to be put off. We've done that in the past and got to Visp or Brig on the train and then had a Zermatt taxi meet us there. Pretty sure I've got a list of taxi numbers somewhere if that would be of any help.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Just had a look on SBB looks like the easiest way is going to be a single fare from GVA airport to Zermatt - its quoting me Swiss francs 133 for two of us - the transfer tickets is swiss chf 90 a person but we still have the transfers back from the resort included in the holiday. Does this sound the best way? From what i can gather its turn left from GVA arrivals and straight on the train!
How much tome shpould I allow from Landing to the station - we're not carrying skis
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
marksovereign, You can't get the transfer ticket now anyway, too late, you have to get them in advance in the UK. Sounds like it's cheaper to do the singles anyway. Yes very, very easy at Geneva. Turn left, walk to end, go down a level and you're in the station, all well signed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sarah wrote:
marksovereign, You can't get the transfer ticket now anyway, too late, you have to get them in advance in the UK. Sounds like it's cheaper to do the singles anyway. Yes very, very easy at Geneva. Turn left, walk to end, go down a level and you're in the station, all well signed.

Sarah thanks for your help with this Flights gets in about 10.30 ish im looking at the 13.24 train - am i being over cautious?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marksovereign, very fast to get to the strain station and on to a train.

THere is a supermarket at the end of the hall which is great for packed lunches etc. (no beer however).

Train to Visp then change- again very straightforward.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
marksovereign, We find baggage reclaim is very quick at Geneva. From picking up bags 5 mins walk to station. You could get an earlier train.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marksovereign, If the flight is on time you should make the 11.27, certainly the 12.27
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
marksovereign, yes it is stunningly fast- in the summer we have taken 15-20 mins to get from the plane to the train picking up bags, buggy (assembling as well) and a bike on the way with 3 small kids in tow.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

am i being over cautious?

probably. It usually seems to take around 35/40 minutes for people landing at Geneva to come out with their baggage. Can't help with trains to Zermatt, but good luck; hope the rest of your holiday goes more smoothly than the beginning.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bloody Dogs! ( I love him to bits really!) Looks like hes cost me £300 and a days holiday
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One final question - How easy is it to book rail tickets at Geneva? Is it easier to book on line? are the tickets only valid for a specific journey?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marksovereign, dead easy to buy train tickets at Geneva. Ticket machines are quicker if there is a (small) queue. But given earlier comments, you might be reassured to buy the right (return?) ticket from someone you can speak to. Beautiful journey, by the way!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Guys you've been a huge help - this is a great place for talking to the right people!
Now to get booked up! - the only bonus is i get to watch the Man U Chelsea game
ski holidays
marksovereign, i'd book online in case it's tight for the train www.sbb.ch . Note that if you get ticket from a machine (as opposed to ticket desk) buy a single as the return is only valid on same day. And with the sun shining and snow down to the lake it's a beautiful train journey along the lake.
snow report
Sit on the right hand side of the train for the best views
latest report
Thanks again everyone
latest report
The SBB iPhone app is great if you've got one..
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy