Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes, 3rd March for week any accommodation, solo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Has anyone got any spare accommodation for a skier.

Must be Tignes, 3rd or 4th March for a week as I want to join friends who are in resort this week. Half board would be good but S/C also ok.

As there are 16 of my mates going I doubt I will trouble you much, if you are single or a group I'm sure you could hook up with the group.

I'm in Aberdeen but could get to most airports in the UK, I will most likely fly from Edinburgh or Aberdeen.

I am a male 48 y/o married. Reasonable skier.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 8-02-12 23:35; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I could book a 2-4 bed apartment should there be some others interested. Flights might be drying up out of Scotland. Would rather take a spare place on an organised chalet though. rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd recommend a catered chalet called Melezes run by Mountain Sun. I just spent a few days there last weekend, and they seem to have availability outside school holidays. They picked me up from Geneva which saved a fortune on car hire, and avoided the slow bus.

I've previously stayed in Chalet Chardons in Tignes Breviere. Both cater for single travellers.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you want something more central, have you looked at UCPA in Val Claret - if you are planning to ski with your friends most of the week then book the no instruction option. Prices at www.action-outdoors.co.uk/hol_tignes_UCPASkiorSnowHalf-TimeInstruction_3-3-2012_0.aspx include accommodation - at Tignes it is basic with usually 4 to a room in two sets of bunks - three meals a day, equipment hire and ski pass. Use the discount code SP2010 for a £10 discount.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I'd recommend a catered chalet called Melezes run by Mountain Sun. I just spent a few days there last weekend, and they seem to have availability outside school holidays. They picked me up from Geneva which saved a fortune on car hire, and avoided the slow bus.

Yes, that's a good suggestion (though of course it IS school holidays that week), the Melezes is v good value. As is UCPA.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info guys. I like the Hotel Melezes I will make inquiries. I do want to be near my friends they are beside lac Tignes its only 3km but I should imagine that might be a disadvantage. Yesterday I was offered a holiday but the extra they wanted for the single occupancy was £535. The chalet does not come up on the map. Thanks again guys.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have now booked the Hotel Melezes but having to pay single supplement. I will let you know how it goes. I am now flying out of Aberdeen!
Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have just returned from a weeks skiing in Tignes. As promised here is my report.

Saturday the fly from Aberdeen 6am flight. Pilot decides he needs to re-fuel before we take off putting about 25 mins delay to the take-off. I then missed my flight at Paris Charles de Gaulle. Get given a seat on the next flight 2 hours later, given a voucher for a coffee and pastries. Also a phone card to tell my pick-up I would be a little late.

Second flight goes well until I go to pick up my luggage. No bag! I then wait an hour before deciding there was no hope and called past missing baggage. They tell me there is another flight in 30 mins and it will be on that flight. Waited another hour and no sign, called back to the office and they then tracked the bag and said it would be tomorrow before it would be delivered to my Hotel. To be continued....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aberdeen snowhead, Sad Sad I hope this story gets better.... Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, come on Aberdeen snowhead......I'm on the edge of my seat
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So I met my transfer driver only to find he had been caught by the police without the correct licence to pick up from Geneva airport. They had kept his licence and needed me to return where I was ferried to the border in a Taxi the police had organised but cost the driver £40 Euros. Next a traffic jam which made journey 4 + hours.

My hotel were great and got me a spare pair of skis and salopettes. Luggage arrived the next evening. Met my friends and and had a great week skiing.

On the Thursday there was a landslide which blocked the road. The first morning we had to do without bacon as there was no delivery and we were just deciding which guest to eat first when they opened it but only to one way traffic.

The trip home started at 6.45am with an Altibus. First there was a hold-up at the landslip as the road closed over night. Then at Geneva, we arrived over an hour late at the airport 5 minutes after my last check-in time. Then I could not get a flight out of Geneva with Air France. After going round a few of the carriers I bought a ticket for £300 for a BA flight back to Aberdeen.

There is a warning here for everyone planning to make their own arrangements, make sure you give yourself lots of leeway when booking connections. I would forget trying to get a few extra hours in the resort and put up with what the tour operators do leave you in the airport for hours.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
WOW......!!!!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh the transport does not sound ideal!
Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sounds terrible, but at least you had a great weeks skiing, and thats what counts
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy