Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I can't go skiing for the next 5 years (sad)

Poster: A snowHead
Cos i'm going to be a dad!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it, it didn't stop me.
wink

Good luck though snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
up4it, congratulations ! Very Happy snowHead

I'm sure you'll be able to go ski=ing in a little less than 5 years Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Congratulations up4it! I'm sure you'll be out on the slopes within a year or 2 wink snowHead Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
up4it,
Congratulations, but don't let the kiddies put you off, I have been every year since having them. snowHead snowHead

Does get more expensive though Sad Sad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
up4it, It didn't stop us but you have to choose your Tour Op carefully. The youngest we took ours was 6 months and we compromised a bit i.e. didn't ski all day and made sure the kids had plenty to do either with us or the Tour Op nannies. We didn't start them in ski school until they were about 7.

Good luck and congratulations - you'll enjoy it
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
up4it, congratulations snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
up4it, they've told you from the ultrasound scan you're not going to be a mum? wink Congratulations and may you be blessed with many more to come.
BTW You can and you must go skiing anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
up4it, bad choice. Skiing's much better!!

Seriously....congratulations snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
up4it, say goodbye to your life.. At least for the first six months after the birth. After that things start to go downhill Twisted Evil
No but seriously, I was out skiing within a few weeks of ma boy arriving on the scene. I also had him on skis last winter at age three dot zero. No problem. For me it's just a question of finding the right compromise between letting my wife play tennis and her letting me off the leash to go skiing or biking.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
up4it, 3 years, 4 years at worst, certainly not 5 years, congratulations by the way snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
up4it,

Congrat's

Stock up on sleep while you still can Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Congratulations!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
up4it, Well done, but reconsider your choice of not skiing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin wrote:
up4it,

Congrat's

Stock up on sleep while you still can :-D :-D

oh dear, time for all the hoary old horror stories about poo and sleepless nights.

My boy does 8 to 8ish, he was up at 8.30 today and manages to fit in another 4 hours during the day. Don't bother with a baby alarm, you'll be up and down stairs the whole time like some of my friends are. Babies make noises all the time, when he really wants attention you won't need a baby alarm to hear.

Now he is crawling he has his nose in every pie - which means making the house as secure as possible and keeping an eye out.

As for skiing... yeah things will change. Our doctor doesn't like babies going above 1000m in the 1st year and not above 1500 m in the 2nd and I didn't feel like inflicting cold, wintry ski resorts on the poor mite anyway. We took him up 1 day last year and he was not the slightest bit impressed with the whole malarky, especially when dad got his pram bogged down on the front de neige.

Does your partner ski or better enjoy skiing? If not how about taking a week off with the mates?
latest report
up4it, Congratulations big man. Just buy a bigger rucksack and fill it with cotton wool for when on the slopes wink It will save on creche fees too rolling eyes
snow report
Congratulations . Yes , having a 'small' will change your life (in oh so many ways...), and your skiing habits: but note, 'change' not 'destroy'.

Our little one is approaching 4, and has been in the mountains for the past three years - at 1.5 was in a chalet creche, at 2.5 was tobogganning and snow-man building with us and at 3.5 was in lessons. In each case our actual skiing time was restricted by the need for taking time to make it family holiday and spend time together, to cover afternoon naps and the like and enjoy alternate indoor pursuits ("sticking" is a particular favourite...), but, like all things when another person becomes part of the family, you adapt.

But give up for five years? - you just ain't committed enough!
ski holidays
up4it, start toadying to the prospective Grandparents NOW! Then you can palm off the new addition to them. Perhaps for a week, or at worst a long weekend.
snow report
up4it, Thank heavens for Esprit Ski and their competitors (Snowline, Mark Warner, Family Ski company, Ski Peak) They have had enough money off me to buy a terraced house in Rotherham, but at least I've skied every year without a break. Pension doesn't look so good, but I'm not planning on making old bones... Go for it if you can rejig finances to afford it!
The alternative is the cheap boys weekend, drive over, 4 days skiing in Flaine all for £300 all in with piste side bacon baguettes. It doesn't raise domestic credit very far but what the hell - its skiing snowHead

Congratulations anyway Very Happy
snow report
Congrats.

Kids are not an alternative to skiing, just an expensive addition. wink
latest report
Congratulations. But not going skiing for 5 years is a somewhat unnecessary sacrifice. There's always ways: let grandma look after them; take them with you and put them in the resort/chalet creche, take them with you and let them ski. We've used all of these over the last four years and it's not stopped me (and mum!) getting in at least 3 weeks of snow per year.

And even if you can't get away, you can always go along to your local artificial slope and ski there.
latest report
Martin Nicholas wrote:
They have had enough money off me to buy a terraced house in Rotherham.......

A mountain restaurant in Courchevel will do that in one lunchtime wink
snow conditions
up4it, Congratulations! RobW, has a very valid point, life doesn't end because you have a small child. Where there's a will there's a way, your holiday arrangements will just be a little different to what you're used to. Be nice to your Mother-inlaw!
ski holidays
up4it, Congratulations snowHead
snow conditions
up4it, I managed to swing long weekends with my mates for the last four winters (four year old daughter). Twins due in December/January has really scuppered this winter, but I'm sure I'll manage something the following winter......

BTW congratulations. The first few weeks are very hard but it really is worth it. Children are fantastic
snow conditions
Congrats but it should stop you
ski holidays
Chris Brookes wrote:
Congrats but it should stop you

Puzzled
snow report
whoops,not looking at what i type !

again ....... Congrats but it shouldnt stop you..... snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
children .......... skiing ?

children ......... skiing ?

skiing !
snow conditions
up4it, Congrats
latest report
up4it, Congratulations. I'm due to become a Dad (again) in October. I anticipate missing the 2005/6 season, but, as they say, it'll be all downhill from then!!
ski holidays
Congratulations!!

I agree with everyone here that you shouldn't write off skiing for 5 years.....
Our daughter was born in february and i have had a long lads weekend in April to Flaine + two great
days in Scotland in March (Helps that the in-laws live an hour from Glenshee admittedly!)

Looking forward to our first family winter holiday 06/07 season
snow report
up4it, You certainly shouldn't think of waiting 5 years. As many have said the kiddies can go with you (free when they're very young quite often). Go in the late spring so the weather is likely to be warmer when it's very small. You can certainly start playing in the snow when they're around 18 months - start "push & catch" with M & D at about 2 and start actually sliding on their own at about 2.5. Ski school can wait until they're about 4-5. You can have loads of family fun, and get in a bit of ski-ing yourselves. You may not be able to ski together much to start with, but before long you'll all be bombing around together!! Very Happy

Crystal do a good deal I believe with kids. Free up to about 3 yrs or so and they have nannies for tinies, and some sort of club for bigger kids. snowHead snowHead
latest report
up4it, Congratulations! When's the baby due? We were quite lucky as I managed to get pregnant during one season (was 11 weeks when we went to Whistler) and went back to Whistler when our little one was 4.5 months so you only need to miss one season depending on when the baby is due. We've been lucky and not missed any. Very Happy

By the way, the childcare in Whistler is excellent - the creche take from 3 months and the Nanny Network (www.nannynetwork.net) are excellent as well and will look after newborns.
ski holidays
well done. shouldnt stop you.short breaks were the answer for me and you live in France, there's even less excuse for you. you'll be ready for a break, in the nicest possible way of course.

bon chance mon brave
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy