Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

please recommend me a daypack that works on a chairlift.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Everything I need to ski on piste fits into my jacket but I tend to buy ones with many pockets and rarely if ever need spare layers and don't wear a helmet - makes life sooo much more easy.

If going backcountry it's essential but then I use a pack specifically designed for trail running or long distance running that can fit a shovel with pockets on the belt. They tend to be better balanced and more secure. Decathalon do a selection that is perfectly adequate but I believe the Diosaz mentioned above is no longer available.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
I believe the Diosaz mentioned above is no longer available.

They just changed the name.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/10l-trail-backpack-id_8090165.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
<shrug> I can see that death is tragic for the person concerned and their immediate family, but it's not really tragic for the rest of us. A handful of people will die on the UK roads today, just like every day. Even so, most of you will still be driving cars.

How hard would you have to try to actually kill yourself with a backpack on a lift? If you think you're likely to do that, I'm not sure a ski resort is a good placer for you.

The standard Dakine heli works fine in a helicopter or on a chair lift.

Dakine particularly have a bit of a strap fetish, so you may want to chop the straps you're not using as they can be slightly annoying.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ortovox free rider 16, small and flat, big enough for shovel, probe, first aid, spare top, gloves and sarnies. Back protector as well

Mammut RAS 18. Perfect on lifts. Flat back with no extra straps to catch

Been asked twice in last 6 seasons to remove rucksack. I think it also depends on if you look like a novice or if you know what you are doing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I once had a nightmare at Red Mtn BC when the plastic waist belt clip fell down between the wooden slats on the top chairlift. I had taken the pack off my back but still had my arm through it. I jumped off OK and then the strap pulled me along as the chair went round the big wheel. First I was madly side stepping then I was pulled over. Luckily the lifty was awake. Backpacks on a chair? never again and if you do, the fewer straps the better - ideally none.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
anarski, scary for you, but if the pack had been properly done up with the waist beld clip done up that wouldn't be a problem. So actualyl safer to keep the pack on rather than take it off and loop over one arm Happy

My BC Stash OB is fantastic. Fits nicely, low profile and keeps the weight close to your body. Can fit in avi kit plus a picnic and spare layer.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kat.ryb, Yes, beat me to it. This is only likely to happen to me if I've actually taken the pack off so the straps are hanging loose....if I keep it on there is no danger of this happening.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kat.ryb, Whitters
Yes guys you are both right - I can't argue with your logic! Now I take off my pack and always hold it high in the air when I get to the top, just to make sue nothing's caught.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy