Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flipping snow has started

Poster: A snowHead
Must be about 5 inches deep now and still snowing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pedantica, pam w, thanks. Off to watch Borgen now and, I hope, forget about it for a while.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi, The Ipswich supporters who went to Coventry today report getting back OK but slowly. They will have gone A14 way from Coventry. I guess you will go M1 - M25 - M11, which, in theory, should be easier.

Hope this helps.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
sunnbuel, nice one. We may have to visit the outlaws tomorrow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pedantica, Sorry to hear you are off games Sad I have a friend staying who has to go to Gatwick tomorrow, it will be an exciting trip down the hill!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi, I just texted my brother. He lives near Stanstead, only a dusting of snow there so far but he says it is very cold.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
well, my buffoon remains a buffoon. 5.15pm, still daylight, falling sleet, sun setting. regular car lights perfectly adequate for everyone else on the road apart from mr red micra attempting to make his car look like an alien spacecraft. uncalled for and dangerous - I'm assuming the oaf was a bloke just 'cause I am *nods*
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nells, oh blimey, do be careful!

Yeah, my words to you at NY, along the lines of, 'If I've got to walk uphill, I'll be glad you're with me' have been ringing in my ears somewhat. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, wow!!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
Megamum, I thought you were flying?

Shusssssssshhhhh... that's the drugs. Twisted Evil
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa, well I was bottling the sloe gin earlier and of course I needed to sample every bottle as I blended the sweeter ones with the less sweet ones depending on much sugar they started with Madeye-Smiley #hic!#
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I'd come like a shot!

Pedantica, this isn't the bar you know
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, to be fair most people would drag themselves naked across broken glass and fire to get out of Coventry
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pedantica, I have the snow chains at the ready!
(and the shots! )
snow report
My boys have been out clearing the path with one of these. Smile
Still snowing heavily here. A couple of inches on top of other half's car since he got in about 2 hours ago.
Sledging in the morning I think!
ski holidays
Quote:

A couple of inches on top of other half

snigger

Get back to the bar Boris,
snow report
just looked out - about an inch already!
snow conditions
About 1 cm in Colchester. -2C and steady light snow
ski holidays
Five inches and thawing.........

Enjoyed tonight, most unexpected. Time to go to bed.
snow conditions
Just got home from London, roads are in chaos there, M1 is crazy around Watford, cars everywhere, about 4" of snow and the M1 has not been ploughed, fresh tracks to be had overtaking the BMW & Mercedes sliding all over the place.

Traffic Wombles at Watford were absolutely clueless.
latest report
 alley lad
alley lad
sat at Birmingham airport, waiting to fly to Turin for a week in la Thuile, flight delayed 5 hours been here 3 hours already,
what can you do?

anyway back to sleep
latest report
MIL was due out to visit us this morning to here in Austria. Flight from Stansted, she stayed overnight at a relative's house literally 5 min drive away or 30 min walk. This morning she decided she couldn't get to the airport and missed the flight. As far as we can see there's no significant delays at stansted airport and her flight is on time, webcams show the M11 is clear. The OH is not too chuffed, giving her mum a right ear bashing for a clear lack of effort or initiative.
latest report
waynos, Sad I think older people are inherently more cautious and tend to take to their beds the moment there's a bit of snow outside.

Top marks though, some people would be rubbing their hands with glee that MiL missed the flight.
snow report
pam w, the child sitting duties will be missed.
ski holidays
Damn. Looked like 3inches after Borgen. Then it rained. Result = 1 1/2 inches of slush. I am not impressed. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Ruler measurement from the middle of my back yard says 11cm. Not particularly impressive after last year's 38cm (54cm in work's car park).
snow conditions
Quote:

the child sitting duties will be missed.

wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Was this thread in Apres last night Puzzled
snow report
sarah, Yep
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, thank goodness for that, thought I was losing it Laughing
snow report
sarah, now that the bad weather is affecting people getting away for their ski hols, it belongs here!!
snow report
pam w, fine, no prob with that. Just when things move like that you begin to doubt your memory Embarassed
snow report
sarah, I looked for it in apres to and then guessed it had been moved here.

We've woke up to 7"-9" here. Soft, wet snow ideal for building snow people. It's made things look gorgeous as its all stuck to the trees. I think a sledge would go straight through it though.

My purchase of a snow shovel earlier this year as well as two bags of salt is now fully vindicated!! We've had to dig through the animals and it's made getting all the doors open difficult. All the hay is smothered too despite being in a pole barn. We're also having problems sorting out water as all the taps are frozen. So it's a pain in neck in some ways, but its come at the weekend. The kids can enjoy it and it looks gorgeous!! In addition there is no more forecast and they will get the roads clear soon - already some cars are going along ours with care - though no snowplough here yet Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

My purchase of a snow shovel earlier this year as well as two bags of salt is now fully vindicated!!

Good! I bought a snow shovel when we moved up to Scotland. It was never used, in five years, then sat in the attic in the south of England for years. But it's come into its own in 9 Alpine winters. Now suffering from plastic fatigue and a broken corner. We've bought a new superior one, but I shall be v sad to see the back of the old one.
snow report
I've spent several hours clearning the road outside our house - it isn't a particularly steep hill, but it's enough for people to get stuck every time it snows. One of the local kids was outside, and when I stopped for a momentary breather called out "Come on - get on with it, my dad wants to get the car out this afternoon" (no sign of dad, or anyone else, helping with the snow clearing). I said I had a spare shovel if she wanted to help. The response was "Some people are born to work, some of us are born to make sure others work" Shocked Somehow a lot of the snow which I cleared off of the road managed to land in a pile at the end of their driveway!
ski holidays
Quote:

Somehow a lot of the snow which I cleared off of the road managed to land in a pile at the end of their driveway!

Okanagan, good for you! Loud mouthed little wotsit wasn't she?
snow conditions
Good chance of snow, South Pennines latitude down into the Midlands, maybe SW later this evening/tonight, maybe up to four inches.

Certainly 'feels' like snow is on the way here.
ski holidays
Persistent rain here in Cheshire.
ski holidays
Now snowing in Buckinghamshire and saw the gritters were out on the M1 in Northamptonshire at lunchtime!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy