Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Argentiere UCPA 28th March - 1st April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello...buddies wanted!

Myself (33 year old female skier) and a friend of mine (male, skier, early 40's) have both booked on to the long weekend option at Argentiere UCPA from 28th March to 1st April. Even though UCPA sayage limit is officially 39 you can get away with being a bit older too.

This essentially is 4 nights accomodation from Wed night (hostel style), all meals, lift pass for 4 full days (thu to sun), and one instructor available.

The cost of this if you go through Action Outdoors is £290 (Use discount code TT2010 to get a tennor off, so actually £280). If you want, you can take off option of the wed night, and they'll take another £35 off.
I'm thinking of doing this myself as there is a hostel in argentiere for less than £15 per night. However may be worth staying at UCPA if you were going to get there in time for dinner on the wed night.

The two of use are both steady intermediate level (blues/reds ok...dabble in the odd black). We have some other friends considering going who are probably more a basic intermediate level. Even though there is an instructor available, I'd be happy to go off and do my own thing as just want to zoom around on this trip ratrher than have instruction. Therefore would be happy for others to have the use of the instructor.

You can book directly through UCPA website, although this is all in french. Think the cost woould be about £10 less ...however that's with the best possible exchange rate which i guess all banks don't use!

We've both booked in different groups so lads wishing to book on could get on Chris' booking, and girls would be welcome to come on mine. That way you're put into the same room.

We're both social and enjoy some apres scene with a couple of beers and wine at the UCPA or some bars, although partying in a club til 3pm probably won't be on the agenda! Would be nice to have some more company!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Forgot to say...ski / snowboard / boot hire is also included.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Rachel,

I've been looking at the UCPA weeks and weekends, I might come along on yours if thats ok with you.

On the weekends I've looked at the instruction isn't actually included like it is in the week long trips. Are you sure the one your going on includes lessons? On mine it was just that an instructor was on hand in the evening at the UCPA to give advice, but not take you onto the mountain. This was in Flaine though so maybe Argentiere is different...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There are now a number of options for UCPA stays:

1. No instruction
2. Autonome plus - you have access to an instructor/guide for a part of the day but it won't be a structured 'lesson', more like coaching to help you iron out bad habits, learn specific techniques etc
3. Full or half time instruction - more traditional structured tuition
4. Off-piste
5. Speed riding

Each has a different price point and each will suit different skiers/boarders but all will include equipment and ski pass, lunch at the centre (or packed lunch) as well as breakfast and dinner. All in all, a pretty good deal.

Have fun guys
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey AlpineBud,

You are more than welcome to come along Happy
We have also had another person book on this weekend too.

The instruction is the 'autonome plus' as stated by Scampi. I did this same weekend at argentiere last year and there was the one instructor half time for all doing the weekend option (about 8 of us). Great if you're all the same level but not so for mixed abaility. That said, I'm not really wanting an instructor this time as already had a week with UCPA last month and just want to go it alone this time and not be told off for going too fast!! Therefore instructor can be used by those who want / need it.

Flaine is also doing a weekend option that same weekend which I had looked in to. They actually have half time instruction in the 5 different groups. However what with that being more expensive, having no other option but to stay at the UCPA on the wed night and more expensive transfers, it came out £100 more....hence going to argentiere!

Do you also want to have a look at the Powder Junkies meet up group? I've also put this weekend down on that site too.

Rachel
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi all,

Now just over a week until this trip. Just to confirm, we are now a group of 4 (2 girls, 2 lads)..mostly early 40's except myself (early 30's) There's also another girl joining us on Saturday. Action Outdoors don't currently have it listed, but you can buy directly from UCPA:- http://www.ucpa-vacances.com/af/ucpa/content/product.do?contentId=536882605
..or you could ask Action Outdoors if they could still do the weekend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've had to drop out of this trip, as I broke my collar bone this week Sad. Insurance will cover it, but if any one wants to buy my trip (the 3 night/4 day £245 version) Id be happy to take £180 for it to save insurance form hassles (Action outdoors would charge another £20 for the name change). You'd have to sort flights and transfers on top, but once you're there everything is included in the price (including the aguille de midi and mer de glace if you want a bit of sightsteeing too)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy