Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

one quiver ski selection: atomic blackeye TI or Rossignol experience 88 ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I read that the blackeye is generally very good on piste with enough float for 30cm deep snow and through walse anything crud etc. The only disadvantage I read up on these is they don't turn easy (carving) especially at lower speeds. How does the experience 88 related to that ski ? Anyone know ?

I'm 170cm tall, weigh 71kg, ski down any piste up to and including double black (France: Alpe D'huez - Chamonix) under all terrain conditions (prepared or not), be it groomed or 50cm deep trails at 3000+ meters height where stuff cannot be groomed. I'm guess I'm advanced technical moving on to expert level and need a 1 quiver ski for all pistes and right next to it.

also, depending on which ski you would recommend me, in what length woudl you recommend it to me and why ? Thx in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spotted on Ski Sunday last night that Monsieur Bell was skiing on Savage Nomad Ti. Any further recommendation needed? Very happy as that was the choice I made over 88's too!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 17-01-12 18:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erhmm who ? I don't have a clueu who monsieur Bell is and why he is supposed to be some sort of reference but anyway, how are they for you and what size would you recommend me ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also have the Blackeye Ti. I am 5'9" and 170 lbs, and have the 167.

I picked this length mainly because i like short fast turns, but you can go longer apparently without losing much of this performance as being 'nearly' a twin tip with rocker at the front it skis a lot shorter than its length suggests.

If you are going to do more tree skiing - go short, if more powder, go long (there is a 174 length above mine, and a 162 i think below)

Regards,

Andy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also spotted the Graham Bell thing - I thought that was a Savage Ti (the Blackeye's wider, angrier uncle) he was skiing (more green, less grey)?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
profundido, just in case you're set on the blackeye ti...

http://www.nevisport.com/pr/4671/blackeye-ti-skis-inc-xto-12-
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Get at least 90mm waist. You will have more fun.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I ski mostly spistes in France where alot of short turning is mandatory because of the many narrow/steep passages so I'll get the 167cm then. i'm also only 170cm (=5.6), not 5.9 so assume 174cm will be too long for me. Thx for your input. Also found a good site to order them from in case I decide final on them

about the 90mm, you got me in the doubt zone again: what ski in the 90mm could possibly have as much grip on icy groomed slopes as the TI blackeye and remain stable at highspeed ?

ps: I got the Bell thing now. Apparently there exists an english BBC presentor ex-ski champion with the name Graham Bell. Wasn't aware of his existene so you can imagine me wondering heavily what the long dead inventor of telephony had to do with the the 2012 Blackey ski's... Razz
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

about the 90mm, you got me in the doubt zone again: what ski in the 90mm could possibly have as much grip on icy groomed slopes as the TI blackeye and remain stable at highspeed ?

Many. I find my (2007/0Cool Dynastar Big Troubles, at 92mm underfoot, better at fast GS style carving on piste than 80 and 85mm skis I've used previously. It's about tortional stiffness (and longitudinal stiffness for stability at speed) as much as width - if it's stiff enough, power/grip gets laid down absolutely fine through the edge. Sure, it may take 0.0000005 seconds longer to switch edges, but unless you're actually racing that shouldn't be an issue.

There is a very very slight sacrifice on piste (really, it's much smaller than you'd think, assuming you haven't tried skis like it) for a fairly significant gain in offpiste performance. 90mm isn't fat these days, anything much below is heavily piste biased.

Look at skis like the Line Prophet 90, Blizzard Bushwacker, Kastle BMX88, whatever the current Dynastar equivalent is.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
right, I went for the Blackeye TI's since I was mostly looking for good all weather 70% piste based ski's. For possible future 100% offpiste experience I will buy a pure freeride ski later. Thx for the advice. They should be coming in any day now
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good choice. I skied them earlier in the year, and after the first day, I really quite enjoyed them. Found that you really have to give them "The Works" to really get the best out of them. If you're going to skid around at low speed, then there is much better skis out there. But, from the sounds of it, you're going to have a great time on them.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Good choice. I skied them earlier in the year, and after the first day, I really quite enjoyed them. Found that you really have to give them "The Works" to really get the best out of them. If you're going to skid around at low speed, then there is much better skis out there. But, from the sounds of it, you're going to have a great time on them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy