Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ghetto moneysaving ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
1) Check out Bansko
2) Stay in an Igloo, or tent (!) (or campervan if you already happen to have one). Have to shower in the local swimming pool at extra cost.
3) Use pedestrian ski passes and just ski from the gondolas (is this allowed & checked? I've never tried. Lift passes are something very hard to reduce)
4) Use free buses
5) Use skibus to get to the resorts and bring own skis from ebay (easyjet charges and getting to the airport via nationalexpress also charges)
6) Get to Calais and do a one way hire on a minibus with a group of people
7) Get into telemark and walk up the darn mountain
Cool If you do self cater be darn sure to actually cook and never eat out.
9) Have a weeks worth of snacks lined up and ready. Pack water every day. Never be tempted to use Apre-ski
10) I've fixed skis by melting a ty-wrap once before
11) Go to somewhere really poor for a very long time. The infrastructure is usually very poor but if you go a long time it could be an option, like India. Comments?

Some of these are pretty extreme but I've done quite a few of them. It's better to have a proper shared chalet with friends but if you think it isn't going to happen this year and you want to go on your own, it is possible if you've got discipline and can put up with some lack of comfort.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, try that with a wife and kids...

I know you said about going on your own...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
12) stay at home altogether?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy