Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding in Scotland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and my mate are looking at going to Scotland for snowboarding on 29th march for 3 nights can anyone recommend a lively place to stay near one of the slopes cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends what you're after. Hotel, chalet, bunkhouse. Any idea which resort you want to go to, will you have transport?
Also define "lively" Puzzled
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are coming up in a car so will have transport accommodation wise not too bothered would like our own rooms that's about it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lively = have a few beers after boarding in bars pubs etc
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best bar in Scotland has to be The Clachaig in Glencoe, real ale, serious whisky selection, live music, they do various accomodation and puts you between glencoe and nevis range.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
By a process of elimination - there's nothing apres-wise worth speaking of near Glenshee or the Lecht. If you want a choice of bars, Aviemore or Fort William are really the best choices. I think your dates are a holiday weekend, so both should be busy.

Given you're boarding, you might want to factor uplift into your decision. In terms of lifts actually serving runs, Nevis Range has one quad chair, all other runs (covering the steeper terrain) are accessed by drag lifts. Glencoe has a single chair, but all the upper runs are off drag lifts. Cairngorm has top-to-bottom sliding via the funicular, but can be busy.

As robapplegate said, the Clachaig is definitely worth a visit if you're at Glencoe.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stay at the Clachaig and ride both Glencoe and Nevis, giving you the gnarliest terrain and the best pub by a long way (it really is awesome - if a one trick pony cos its the only show in town really). Couple of places back in Fort William but 40-odd minutes drive (great seafood restaurant - worth the drive alone, I woudl say modest apres though)

only other option is aviemore which has big apres selection & huge non-skiing activities and cairngorms have enough terrain to keep most interested for a few days

End of march could be a different proposition conditions wise, alhtough i love that time of year for a spring skiing vibe. So you'd be better to wait as late as you can to guage the conditions, only snag with that is clachaig tends to be busy accomodation wise with climbers etc. You'll have no bother in aviemore getting a late room at that time
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Best bar in Scotland has to be The Clachaig in Glencoe, real ale, serious whisky selection, live music, they do various accomodation and puts you between glencoe and nevis range.

+1

Stumbled on this place when I was in Glencoe and it it's a great pub. Loads of cask ales, whiskies and the food is nice too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you want to stay somewhere lives near the slopes and you board id probably recommend aviemore
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy