Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aaaaargh........Sunglasses!

Poster: A snowHead
Bit of quick help required. Had my sunglasses for 7 years, quite amazed they lasted that long but hey ho! They were £70 and Animal with blue tinted polarised lenses in them and were ideal for summer wearing and skiing. I fly out on Saturday and I can't find them anywhere. Does anyone know where I can pick up some decent but fairly cheap sunglasses from? I like the blue lenses and must be polarised to offer protection from the glare of the sun/snow.

Please help!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cheap and cheerful BLOC - and they're ok too. Try Millets, Go Outdoors, in fact just about anywhere that sells sunglasses. Take a trip to the Sunglasses Hut when you get airside.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If there is one near you,Decathlon.Usually stock up to Cat4,and the prices are good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's incredibly annoying to lose or destroy good sunglasses - I scraped a ski edge along one lens in the Tignes furnicular. Gutted. They were my favourite green lens Evil or Very Mad And I don't like furniculars much now, either.

Anyway, replaced them with another pair of polarised Sinners (S&R, but seen them elsewhere), and during a sun and beer induced game of "who can see the best on this bright sunny day", they easily gave the best definition and clarity on snow, compared to several mates' pairs of Blocs and other similar priced brands. Cost about 40 quid.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ricklovesthepowder, may be a bit late
http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/sunglasses-c76/oakley-m1?gclid=CPGtmbWO_K0CFQlpfAodgy7Cug
Ive used them, they are quick.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just been looking online, whats the UV rating needed for skiing??? I kmow that these are fairly cheap, and may not be for everyone, but are these ok and offer the right protection???

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rayzor-Professional-Lightweight-Sunglasses-Anti-Glare/dp/B002LGRB9O/ref=sr_1_9?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1328081853&sr=1-9&tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
uv400 would be fine.

Enjoy your trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Polaroid-Sunglasses-7401B-CAT-3-Lenses-/170704658277?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item27beca5f65

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOLLE-EDGE-UNISEX-SPORTS-SUNGLASSES-POLARISED-/140663897203?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item20c038bc73
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ricklovesthepowder, Not sure whereabouts in Manchester you are but there is a Decathlon store just opened up in Warrington about 1 mile off J9 of M62.

Usually category 3 will be the darkest and most protective rating
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hold on a minute...

Do you mean to say that there are other sunglass companies? Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Aldi's sunglasses have a certain following - £3.99 if I recall correctly and they come with clear, yellow and tinted lenses. At that price you can afford to have several pairs.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Tifosi cycling glasses might be worth a look-I have a pair wth changeable lenses which cost 30 quid and match the adidas evil eyes they replaced (although they unfortunately don't have low light lenses)- think you can still get them online from tredz.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
get yourself some dirty dogs, I've had mine for 4 years now and they're top banana. Polarized, light weight and only £40!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, where are you flying from? Most airports have a really big selection, so you get to buy some to waste a half hour or so and you'll always remember where and when you bought them with a good buzz. snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ricklovesthepowder,http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-BLUE-LENSES-PLAYBOY-SHADES-PLAYBOY-CHEAP-BUNNY-FASHION-NEW-/130616586289?pt=Men_s_Accessories_UK&hash=item1e695af031
latest report
How about

snow conditions
halfhand, Perfect: More Status Low than Quo

With inflation added in the £70 then is approx £90 now so you could really splash out, although with temperatures forecast at around -15c to 15-20C without any windchill from RLTP's ultra quick skiing, I'd opt for goggles and no gaps Cool
snow conditions
I had a pair of eye jackets for 12 years. Gutted when I fell on them in Italy in March. After buying a pair of Oakleys - I'd never even consider anything else.
snow report
I too had a pair of Oakley jackets. Ruined them in a bike crash, and very disciplined to find they no longer make them. Girl in the shop even asked me what those retro shades I was rocking were Sad They were excellent, and even the mighty Ebay can't replace them
snow conditions
When my Eyejackets got driven over i replaced them with 'Twenties' - still quite a plain wraparound with the same kind of sealing to my face that made the Eyejackets so good.
snow report
My present pair of Oakleys have been with me for years. Never felt the need for polarized glasses, nor realized that others used them. I see that Ricklovesthepowder and Scarlet rate them. Anybody else? Why? Any disadvantages?
snow report
Always used to buy polarised as for me they felt better for driving in bright sunshine but when I bought my first pair of Oakley's (not the ones in the pic above wink ) the guy in the shop reckoned that I didn't need polarised with Oakley and you know what, he was right. Now on my second pair and they really are the best sunglasses I've ever had (also got a couple of old pair of Wayfarers in the draw).
ski holidays
I had been told that one of things that polarized lenses do, is block the light reflected from the snow (and from water - so they're good for fishing), and that often, this means you miss seeing icy patches as light reflects from them differently, therefore, it was better to have none polarized lenses? I could be wrong though...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy