Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is anyone else getting as frustrated as me with the Snowheads ads!!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Errr, admin, having clicked into the mobile site on my laptop I now appear to be "stuck" in mobile mode.

How do I turn it back off please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stet that - got it...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
clarky999 wrote:
There is a get rid button. Top left corner, with the little dash.

I agree it's annoying that they intrude onto the posts though, no need for that at all.

Thankyou! It was making some posts unreadable on my android phone.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FlyingStantoni, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/logindemob.php
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bobmcstuff, it's a tricky trade off between giving people the choice to post anything from thumbnails to HD wall-posters as they feel is appropriate and asserting control/limits over these things.
I tend to defer to trusting people to do what's appropriate (and then get the blame when they don't rolling eyes).

I have been contemplating a mod to allow a user to define, in their own profile, the largest size they would like images to display, perhaps with a default maximum of about 600 wide, but... could be a little tricky so it's on the list until I've more time.

Jivebaby, there are 2 ways the site tracks sessions - cookies and session ids. In most circumstances one of these methods will keep you logged in as you move around the site. Don't know why your iThing, specifically, has a problem. Security/cookie settings? Do u have the 'log me in automagically' box ticked on your phone? Might help?

When you switch to the mobile profile, all access to your account, from any device will be under that template until you switch back.

FlyingStantoni,

Go Mobile = http://snowheads.com/mobile (If u book mark this on your phone, it will give u a minimalist login screen then switch profiles for U as U login)
Go Home = http://snowheads.com/mobile?off

I should put that return link into an easy-to-find spot in the mobile profile - another thing on the list.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yer, if I log in on a machine with cookies blocked then the site reverts to using a session ID. This works until I click on the heading to go back to snowheads.com. Then the session ID (and hence my login) is lost.

On my desktop machine I normally run my screen in portrait mode. As a consequence it's only 1024 wide and the adverts can sometimes be intrusive. Usually (as now) they are outside the grey box that bounds the dialogue but sometimes they overwrite the timestamp and even the RHS of the posts. Why does this keep changing? Really infuriating are the ones that follow you when you scroll about - grrrrrrr.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agreed that ads are necessary to fund the site for us freeloaders. This issue is not the ads, its the page width constantly changing depending on the content of the page. If the page were a constant width with the ads on the right then that would be all fine and dandy as the issue only occurs when the content gets to big for the window as then the add overlaps the content.

Why not just force a constant width for all of the columns, user names --> Posts --> dates etc --> ads

Simpler and effective (and will also get rid of the issue with text becoming unreadable when someone posts a large image). Ironically the only time I ever dismiss an ad is when it does its clever "stay on the page once its too wide" thing.

Admin This is a good example of a phpBB forum that has a layout that copes well with ads to the right of all the posts and also deals with lots of hot linked images posted by [s]morons[/s]Laughing people who don't understand pixels. (Its very similar to here, just a fixed width and images get re sized with BB code/HTML I think)

http://digital-photography-school.com/forum
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh also I'd rather it just said if there were unread posts rather than "unread posts since your last visit" because if you only come on briefly then come back on later you end up missing tonnes of posts. Since I come on and off while at work I notice that one a lot...
Plus when you click view new post it keeps taking you back to the first new post since your last visit even if it's the 10th time you've read it that session, rather than the new post you haven't read. It's weird because the other forums I've used (not many) just have read and unread posts which is nice and simple.

Again, not big problems really given it's free etc etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
bobmcstuff, it's a tricky trade off between giving people the choice to post anything from thumbnails to HD wall-posters

You can have a HD wall poster if you ask nicely.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy