Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing Holiday in Sauze d'Oulx 11th March 2012

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ok
After a couple of weeks not being to sure how many spots are available, I can now be sure there are some available.

4 spots, Girls, Boys, couples, no single supplement if happy to share room.
So far mostly 25-35 year olds (plus a few of a more mature age) all abilities boys and girls................and we like to party!!!

Stella Alpina Hotel, Sauze D'Oulx March 11th – 18th 2012
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stellalpinahotel.it%2F&h=ZAQHIG573

A modern, Alpine style family-run property, located right by the slopes making it an excellent choice for those wishing to be within easy reach of the resort amenities and skiing. The nearest lift is the Clotes chairlift, 150m from the hotel. This place is about 150yards from the Irish Bar, at the bottom of the slopes where we finished each day.
· Restaurant
· Bar with open fire place and satellite TV
· Wi-fi
Accommodation - Stella Alpina Hotel, Sauze D'Oulx
ROOMS (2-3 people): Standard twin or triple rooms with shower and wc and satellite TV and hairdryer.

· Continental buffet breakfast
· 3 course evening meal
Cost: £520 per person (May vary a bit) inc ½ board, flights Gatwick/Turin and transfers.
Additional costs :Lift Pass, Ski hire or carriage, (do your own insurance)
Lift Pass = £159
Skis and Boots Standard = £69 or Superior = £99 (sure I can do this cheaper)
Skis only = £45 Standards or £69 Superior (sure I can do this cheaper)
You get yourself to the airport, quicker and easier than a bloody crappy coach.

Adrian

So if anyone's interested email me.............. hazard2yards@yahoo.co.uk

More on Sauze d'Oulx

Situated at one end of the 400km (250m) lift-linked Via Lattea (Milky Way), Sauze d’Oulx is one of the larger, more popular, resorts of the area. With access to over 400km of pistes there is excellent skiing available for all abilities.

Sauze provides mainly intermediate runs and is a red paradise. There is a mid resort located at just over 2000mt called Sportina. All the runs from here are tree lined whilst above Sportinia it opens up and provides the links to the rest of the Milky Way.

For advanced skiers there is easy connection to Sestriere and the black runs at the top of Mount Motta and Mount Sises, and the Olympic Kandahar Slalom and Kandahar Barchetta runs. Nearer to home their is some challenging skiing off the top of Fraiteve with much of the northern face left un pisted.

If you like to venture off the beaten track then Sauze offers some great off piste through the trees. As with most resorts the best off piste is locked away in the minds of locals however there are guides available to help you find the best runs.

Beginners are well catered for too as Sauze d’Oulx has excellent English-speaking ski and snowboard schools that will get you up and skiing, or boarding, in no time at all.

Sauze d’Oulx has a much better than average sunshine record and much above average skiing. The vast majority of the pistes in Sauze d’Oulx have artificial snow-making facilities which is true throughout the Milky Way.

There are plenty of bars to choose from offering you everything from sophisticated cocktails and excellent local wines to pints of Guinness. This being Italy the standard of restaurants is high.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy