Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Canada

Poster: A snowHead
buns wrote:
Alexandra,

Another 10 inches overnight in LL! Nearly 3 feet in the last 8 days!

Yes yes yes - let me on that plane!!

Only four days to go for me snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've already got two people in my suitcase... want to see if you can slip into my ski bag? Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alexandra, I've often considered the stowaway idea, but being 6'3'' and 17 1/2 stone willing acomplices are hard to come by, so as usual I've had to pay for flights Sad

Are you staying in Lake Louise?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, 3rd time back to the Lake Louise Inn. I'd happily pop you in my ski bag... but the problem I then forsee is the drive to Frankfurt with you in the bag... you see I only have a VW Polo...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alexandra, drive to Franfurt doesn't sound too comfy in a bag in your Polo!

I and Mrs YSJ will be over the road at the Post, arriving this Saturday - can't wait snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes it's looking good right now! Could fit the Mrs in my hand luggage... Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How did you know she was small enough to fit in hand luggage Puzzled
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just done 3 days in Jasper (marmot Basin).... it was in really pretty good shape. There are still hazards about the place but nothing serious. The lower slopes have plenty of snow and some of the upper black are absolutely sublime! Shall be in Lake Louise hill within a couple of hours!

Edit:
Just done a couple of hours on Lake Louise. It is a sunny saturday so that should perhaps be considered. There seems to be a reasonably good covering with the major slopes free of the minor hazards seen in Marmot. However, the surface is much less consistent with quite a few instances of soft snow sharply transitioning to rock hard stuff or ice. So at the moment, Marmot actually is a much easier place to ski!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mountains of snow in Lake Louise/Sunshine now. The online snow reports dont tell the truth, having skied both the last couple of days, I am convinced the average coating is well over a foot and I can report much more in certain areas. Just make sure you have something a bit fat.... I didnt have enough float and spent most of the time leaning back just so I didnt come to a dead halt!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
buns, will be there in 7 days snowHead snowHead snowHead excellent news about the snow
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Keep the reports coming people!! 20 days & counting.....

snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
weeks n'i'm there
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Been back from Banff a week now and I can tell you snow was fantastic. Canada's having unusual weather out there at the moment, it's generally warmer than it should be in most places. The Chinook winds are bringing warm air in so Calgary for example was warmer than the UK. Different resorts are having a mixed time. While I was there, reports filtered through that most of Fernie was closed for a couple of days because it had too much snow yet Nakiska had hardly any and Big White, I heard, was fog bound. Norquay was struggling through, but had received much less snow than its neighbours Sunshine and Louise, although one guy told me he'd spent a perfectly happy afternooon there. We spent most of the time at Sunshine where it has snowed almost everyday since Christmas and was superb (and looks pretty good today actually) but the cloud cover made the light very flat, particularly on Goat's Eye in the afternoon. High winds blew two Gondolas off so Sunshine shut on us. This forced us to Lake Louise where one day it was a white-out and the next day beautiful sunshine started to melt some of the snow! There was, however, superb powder in the back bowls for most of the morning and early afternoon. Kicking Horse lived up to its reputation with heaps of deep Champagne powder at the top, but the bottom of the mountain was a bit patchy. I can only speak first hand of Sunshine, Louise and Kicking Horse and if you go to any of those you'll have great time, enough snow to keep them going until May.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainmammoth, sounds fantastic, only 3 sleeps now and I'll be in Lake Louise snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
solarfish, I'll try very hard not be jealous of you! Do try to visit a couple of resorts other than LL if you haven't done so before. Kicking Horse was awesome and you can get the Powder Express to pick you up in Louise and take you there for a day. It's only about an hour from there and the fare including your lift ticket is only $5 more than buying a lift pass at KH.
ski holidays
Have a great time solarfish!
snow report
help me please need to find a site thats has historical snow reports apart from the ski club(for obvious reasons)
any links would be much appreciated Puzzled
ski holidays
Are there any particular resorts you had in mind? We could find out the info for you from SCGB Little Angel
ski holidays
Cathy Coins wrote:
Are there any particular resorts you had in mind? We could find out the info for you from SCGB Little Angel
that would be great we are going to tremblant in quebec on the 1st april and wanted to know what to expect weather and snow wise and how things have been there over the last ten years at that time of year Puzzled
latest report
Hi NEILSKI, the historical snow reports for beg of April for Tremblant, according to SCGB, are:

average 79-137 lower/upper slopes
2004/05 38-70
03/04 130-200
02/03 80-110
01/02 60-122
00/01 96-112
99/00 65-205

Looks like last year was a bit poor otherwise OK I'd have thought. I haven't personally been there to comment on what type of weather you might expect. It's normally pretty icy & can be bitterly cold out on the East coast, but by April temps should have improved.
latest report
thanks for that gives me some piece of mind Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Snowing in LL right now Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy