Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow in Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Just received a newsletter from Ski Independence claiming 20cm fell in Jasper at the weekend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnboy, I got that!! snowHead Although when I looked at Jasper's webcams there didn't seem to be very much around. Look at Sunshine's when it gets to daylight there and they've got snow already. And I had a snowmail alert at the end of last week for Banff - hurrah, it's on its way!! Laughing snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cathy Coins,

Are you going out to Banff again this year? I wish I was, but Passo Tonale will have to suffice.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnboy, we really can't decide. We're definitely going back to Canada somewhere....... We've been to Banff twice now (which we've never done for any other resort) and we're looking at combinations of Banff, Jasper, Sun Peaks, Whistler. Would like to combine Banff with Jasper but the thought of the 6 hour transfer between Calgary/Jasper is a bit off-putting. We're edging towards Sun Peaks at the moment, Frontier Ski go there and the hotel price includes your lift pass which makes it a bit cheaper. Just too many decisions to make Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dontcha just love the way tour operators use freak snow reports to sell holidays? !

I'd wager a generous bet that any snow which falls in mid September will have entirely vanished from the ski slopes within a couple of weeks.

Just as well that tour operators don't control snow guns or manufacture ...

[insert photo of Christmas snow aerosols]

... or do they?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You will think this is really sad, but, I've just took a look through my 2004 work diary and at the time I noted down some details for Lake Louise as I was heading there on 29/11/04

First Snowfall at base 1700m was on 18th September (Noted from Webcam)

1st November 2004

Bottom 20cm Base (-2)

Top 30cm Base (-10)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hang On Cathy Coins, both those webcams aren't working. They're all black ! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timberwolf, yeah weird lot those Canadians. Fancy skiing in the middle of the night!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aha - you can look now, a bit of snow on Jasper's knob (honest!) and it looks like Goats Eye's got a dusting.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Do you know, that is officially my first look at a webcam this season. I'm sure they'll be one or two more
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alpe D'Huez seemed to get a bit of dusting the other day as well.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ben Nevis had a dusting this morning. Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow at Louise today! Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ooh yes - at Sunshine too! (webcam in 2nd post of the thread) snowHead I'm getting excited and I'm not even going there! Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looking good. No snow in Passo Tonale yet, but starting to cool down. Generally 8 degrees at 2000m and hovering aroung freezing on the glacier.
latest report
You have to look at this sunrise at Sunshine (for those who look at it later, you're too late!)

ski holidays
Ah, it's gone already Sad It was a beautiful shade of red above the white mountains. You'll have to look again just before 3 tomorrow afternoon Very Happy
snow report
Cathy Coins,

I saw it earlier Cathy Very Happy
latest report
johnboy, didn't it look wonderful? but it changed so quickly! Even in the time it took me to put the image up (quite a long time.... Embarassed ) it had gone from red to pinky. 'Red sky in the morning' - wonder if they're due some more snow.

I'm not even going there this year! snowHead
snow report
The thing which amazes us is that Lake Louise is due to open in little over 3 weeks.... it has barely a dusting at mid mountain and zilch at the base..... having never really thought about it, I have to assume that either opening will have precious little snow or they will expect some serious heavenly dumps over the next few weeks..... which is it?

Adam
latest report
Got the snow cannons working at lake louise presumably they want to be readdy fro the 11th November Lake Louise

edited to put new camera link in

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 2-11-05 10:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Louise usually gets a big dump early november and it seems to be getting colder this weekend. Seems little point having the cannons on today as it's supposed to reach 10c today.
snow report
I see LL has a camera at ptarmigan now..... it looks waaaay better up there snowHead
snow conditions
Banff has had a dusting even got snow in the town but not much
snow conditions
And!!!!! I got this from Whistler Blackcomb

Blackcomb Mountain to OPEN early November 5 & 6!

Fantastic news, skiers and riders. Blackcomb Mountain will open this weekend November 5-6 with plans to open for daily operations starting November 11. Storms moving through the Whistler region have brought 60 cm/24 in of snow to the mountains at the Rendezvous Lodge elevation located at 1,860m/6,102ft, and the forecast is calling for even more snow through the week!
ski holidays
Forgot to add

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

and a weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee for Robbie
ski holidays
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So, so, so exciting.

Only 45 sleeps...

snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
only 33 sleeps!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whistler. Look at the pics. And drool.
ski holidays
Nice
ski holidays
Bit out of the area but ..

I was in Sunshine yesterday .. its snowing like mad out here. I was stuck past my knees in powder.
Louise is kinda open too.

Sorry if this is off topic Embarassed
latest report
klvr - you've just made me wet my pants with anticipation! Toofy Grin snowHead
snow report
klvr, I've been watching the Web cam at Sunshine its seems to snow most nights, needs to keep coming I out at the end of January. Hows Lake Louise looking new new web cams are up the mountain and don't seem to update as often as they should.
snow conditions
Russell, they may not switch on the cams to full time broadcasting until the season starts, which should be soon!
snow conditions
Big White and Silver Star are both opening later this week - a week ahead of schedule.
snow conditions
Okanagan, woohooo!! snowHead Laughing Now it's not going to melt away before Feb is it?!
latest report
Well I hope not Cathy - surely we won't get 2 years in a row with great early season conditions and then a duff February.
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, both Sunshire and Lake Louise are open Lake Louise cams were working until they put in 3 new ones.
ski holidays
Russell, apologies. I thought they were opening next weekend.
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat, Apology not necessary snowHead and what ever ambassadorial powers you have they worked web cams back on line again snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy