Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hand Warmers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anybody used these or something better

mycoal hand warmers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yup, the Zippo ones. Bloody brilliant and last for ages. Get em here ultra cheap but hurry sale ends soon.

http://www.firebox.com/product/2618/Zippo-Hand-Warmer?via=top10&cat=H
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Basil, Do you know how long the burner lasts before it must be replaced. I'm probably not going to buy one, just curious,

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just noticed. The website says 70-80 uses.

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Are you really going to pack a can of lighter fluid?

I find the little tea bag things work pretty well.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a charcoal hand warmer - see Amazon for a few ££. Charcoal sticks are low cost as well. Gives a good 6/7 hours - 1/2 if lit at both ends for more heat.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Yup, the Zippo ones. Bloody brilliant and last for ages. Get em here ultra cheap but hurry sale ends soon.

http://www.firebox.com/product/2618/Zippo-Hand-Warmer?via=top10&cat=H

The Zippo hand warmers aren't bad, but there are alternatives to check out before settling on Zippo by default. The Zippo hand warmer can't be "turned off". (You'd have to smother it in a plastic bag or let it burn down.) That's not a dealbreaker, imo. Especially since the Zippos are such a bargain compared to other fuel-based hand warmers such as the S-Boston.

I've written an ***in depth*** article on these two, and on three other technologies. I hope this isn't seen as spammy. My apologies if so. But I really stand behind the article, and have no doubt anyone considering a Zippo, an S-Boston, or an electric rechargeable would make a better decision **for them** after looking at the info I provide. It's an unbiased review and has links to all the products. I don't sell and am not pushing any one of them.

http://outdoorgearandtravel.com/the-best-hand-warmer/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
outdoorgearandtravel, The Zippo's been around for many years and was a staple of mine when cold weather walking and climbing. But for sheer convenience in carrying around a handful to fit and forget in active use, the sticky teabags can't be beaten especially if you're caring for someone going into the early stages of hypothermia and you can slap then into the armpits and groin without fear of burning them. I rarely need anything, I've hands like hot shovels but on those rare occasions a teabg on the back of each hand does all I need it to.

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the giant ones the EMS teams carry.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the sticky teabags can't be beaten

they're fantastic, but mine aren't sticky. Have you put them in too many groins, Masque?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, used them twice in close situations, one was a practice rescue that was well within safety margins but the rescuee didn't tell us that he had low blood pressure so his extremities were starved of blood far sooner than calculated. He was fine but it could have been ugly, medivac Lynx was on standby.

One side has a peel off cover that puts a slightly sticky surface either to skin or clothing to keep then secure in place . . . read the instructions woman rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy